Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Annual Utah Catfish Challenge
I think it's clear - the rematch lip flapping has already begun. Guess we're on for a North vs South challenge again.
[#6000BF][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=743379;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]
HERE IS A LINK[/url][/#6000BF] to the contest rules, info from last year's contest. May have some slight revisions, but the rules should be pretty much the same.
The line is pretty well drawn through SLC. We'll work out awards for winning Team, and top entries, and see what else.

I'd like to start the contest earlier, I'm going with April 15th. And sounds like we'll take it through October this year.

The ice contest officially ends on April 20th. You can start replying to this post if you want to enter, and for which team, or solo. I'll PM entry info once I finalize the "rules" for this year.

This is what I was up to last year on 4/21.

[inline CJ6.PhatterCat.jpg]

[inline CJ12.TwoFooter.jpg]

mess of carp that day too. Bama was bowing, I hooked up a few toads in between changing channels.
[inline CJ2.BigBadCarp.jpg]

Should we have a side award for biggest carp?
Maybe leave it open, hooked, or pierced?

I'm in as soon as the info is posted. I have a couple of ten-year-old grandsons (twins) who really want to get in on the contest. Any age restrictions? Do they have to be BFT members? Maybe a youth division on the contest?? I like the longer "season."

Big thanks to you for your time and talent to put this together. The contest pics are always fun to look at and the banter back and forth is always part of the fun. As Utahcatman said ... "it is all in fun."

Let it begin!
[signature]
Count me and the lady in to win [Wink]
[signature]
[quote Utcatman]Count me and the lady in to win [Wink][/quote]

this!!!
[signature]
Hell she's probably gonna kick my butt this yr haha
[signature]
Put me in for the north - I'll help out until the end of May while I am here!
[signature]
So to enter the contest you can send me a $5 paypal GIFT, or we can share snail-mail instructions.

Reply to this post if you're interested in entering - if you already have, I'll PM you instructions.

Or you can just send me a PM and I'll add you to the list.
In for the south side
[signature]
Didn't fish much at all last year, but we have got to redeem the south! I still think UT lake should have easily won last year! WTH
Im in for the south. How bout those snail mail instructions?
[signature]
Put me down for the south.
[signature]
Please put me in for the south and pm me where to mail the$$$
[signature]
I'll take anouther stab at it for the South.

Don't know if I will be of much help but I will try.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Please add me to the North and I will also need so mail info thanks
[signature]
Put me in for the SOUTH, baby. I need your snail-mail info again as well.

Last year was a traveshamockery, and won't be repeated.
[signature]
put me in for the north.im tryin to get the wife on here so she can get in on this too [Image: angry.gif]she always outfishes me . pm me yote thanks
[signature]
Just use pay pal snail-er. 40 cent extra won't put you into bankruptcy for life [laugh].
[signature]
Too bad you didn't want to do a Idaho vs Utah challange. This one was one of 32 I caught this weekend. It was 29" and 11 pounds. Ron

[Image: 4-27-13JLARGE_zps03aede90.jpg]
[signature]
Well done - bet she dragged you around in your toon for a while! Got vids?

There was some talk about that last year. Do you guys have an Idaho catfish contest? Would could throw down a friendly wager based on entries. At least 'bragging rights!

So are a fine catter Ron, I've seen some of your 'work'

did you catch the new C&R record channel? this year, from, uh- da North!
I didn't get her video but I did get a lot of video. We don't have a Idaho Cat contest, I think these Idaho guys like trout too much. I like them too but for Bait.
How did you know I got the CR record? [Wink]
Ron
[signature]