Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake dead fish
on the south side of Provo Bay there are thousands of dead fish that have gathered up in the fragmites. Mostly whitebass and catfish, probably something like happened at stansbury.
[signature]
its common and caused by the shallow depth and many fish in the location using up the oxygen.
[signature]
When I was duck hunting down there in January, the fish were thick. I busted open holes for the decoys and the small white bass were coming to the top for oxyen and would swim across the surface, on there sides. Ionly saw this on the south side of the bay and the wter was only 2-3 feet deep.
[signature]
Down where the fish were the lake is only 6 inches to a foot deep but Im sure they could have drifted the from anywhere in the bay. But they were mostly small white bass and bullheads from what I noticed.
[signature]
Might be a good thing in the long run, it will give the fish that survived some room to grow.
[signature]
I'll bet the big cats are pigging out. Are the birds on site? Them big kitties will be hungry soon as the mess is gone. When does the bass fishing start down there?
[signature]