Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets see your customizations!!
Hello,

I have a 92 17' Bayliner trophy. I like this boat ALOT but there's just something missing.....Storage. This boat wasn't exactly made for the type of fishing I normally do but it has worked great. I got a great deal on it and the upgrades alone were worth the price I paid for this boat. It had a brand new Humminbird 997 SI fish finder, a nice bow mounted troller and a very nice wakeboard boat worthy stereo. Not that I play it loud or anything but its there. But I need storage. The center console is wide open and I store everything in there. andin the bow there is a huge door that is the full quater of the floor that you lift upbut it has a tiny storage area and it is a pain in the but to get in to. I want to see what things you guys have done. I know there are some good DIYers here.

Here's a pic of my boat.

[Image: Boat_zpse26b6081.jpg]

Thank you
[signature]
I hope there is a lot of replies, I need some ideas for my boat. I want to add a couple electric down riggers with terrain features. Also some other rod holders and possibly towers for trolling. I just came back from a trade show and talked with a guy who trolls with up to 10 poles on Lake MI. I thought he was pulling my leg until he showed me pics. I can barely handle four poles trolling without carnage.
[signature]
yea I am hoping for something. Do you have any pics of that? I can't even picture it.
[signature]
He had them on his phone. He would run down riggers as well as lead line on planer boards. He had a tower built which would hold several rods vertically. He also said he uses dipsy divers. He appears to have it down pretty well. I can guarantee it would be a rats nest if I tried that. If I have three people on the boat the most I've tried running is four lines. Usually I stick with one on lead line and two down riggers. Even then I've managed to have a fun afternoon of three tangles lines. Especially when it's windy. I never thought of using lead line on planer boards, I have used the planer boards and even my outrigger walleye boats with snap weights go get them when they are 20' or above. I think at a minimum I'll give that a go this year and see how it works. My first instinct is my boards will sink with that much lead line on them.
[signature]
Your lead core line will work fine on your side planner boards as long as you have the bigger boards. I tried it last year and was surprised how well it worked. Have you used stacker clips on your down rigger?
[signature]
I have used stackers before, I need to have someone else on the boat besides my wife, 4 year old and me to give that a go. I end up running the boat and the down riggers and that isn't fun for anyone at that point.
[signature]
If your fishing the Gorge, especially early in the year before the kokes go deep, the lead core and side planner idea will work but the more line you let out the deeper the planner sets in the water.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]This is my fishing platform. 18’ runabout with most all the goodies. Kicker motor is a 4 stroke electric start 8 horse Mercury on a remote troll, Cannon Mag tens downriggers, Minnkota I-pilot, Lowrence elite fish finder (but we’ll soon have a new HDS touch with structure scan), booms just in front of the wind shield are for running the oversize planer boards, 17 rod holes, new custom interior that included some much needed storage space for tackle, huge oversized Bimini cover for those hot days, marine radio, triple batteries, Ipod/tv/Kindle hook ups for the wife and boys, a gas sipping 3.0 Merc that still runs pretty dang quick for what it is. All in all a pretty good fishing boat!! Not perfect, but modified enough to be nice. Good thread!!! [/font]
[signature]
Ok, now that I'm home I'm able to snap a couple pictures of the added storage that I put on my boat. Instead of using the standard tube style pedastool I built these boxes for added storage. Amazing how much crap you can put in them. Not sure if this is an option in your boat but it works great in mine.
[signature]
Very nice setup you have there. My main seat is the live well. But I'm thinking with a little fabricating I could make something work like this. I need to find out how much room I have underneath the deck.

Thank you for posting pictures.
[signature]
Well here are mine!

[inline "DSCN1403 - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Looks good!
[signature]
I like your boat! We differ in fishing styles but I do appreciate what you have done. I've got a Viper Coral 202 fish n ' ski, it's the most 'fish' (for me) for a fish n' ski that I could find. I'd like to get a "real" lol bass boat but I just can't give up that windshield.
One day she will be my other boat and will be set up like yours but for now I'm chasing bass.
I've got an HDS-8 with sidescan and being able to mark a waypoint 80' to the right while you paused the screen and put the motor in neutral...priceless. You are going to love it.
I added a front deck extension, upgraded Motorguide 82 lb. trolling motor with some custom touches, 3 29 series batteries-PITA, HDS finders, GPS puck for faster scrolling, Lee's marine has my motor running faster than a one legged Ethiopian chasing a doughnut down a hill, running a 23 pitch SS 3 blade that hops me up on plane with ease and tops me out, I want to try a 24 Trophy.
I just got back from fishing the Mega Bass Dodge Ram tournament at Lake Fork, Texas and I'm ready to take the fam out any moment with seating for 5.
Sorry for rambling and getting off point, I am very excited to get on the water in Utah. Headed to Sand Hollow for tourney at the end of the month...teehee, I've been waiting all winter for this.
This is my boat coming to pick me up from the dock at lake Fork[inline "LF texas 2013.jpg"]
[signature]
[#000050]I have a large storage compartment just forward of the center console as well. It carries my tackle boxes, weather gear, anchors, etc. I set my cooler on it so the whole thing lifts up together. it's alos lockable so you cen keep all your stuff in there at the dock without worry.[/#000050]
[signature]
Here is a before and after on my 15' Smokercraft
[Image: 23-1_zps2dffddf0.jpg]

[Image: 1-7_zps9359600e.jpg]
[signature]
Jordan I saw that on Facebook. Very nice work.

I just see alot of wasted space on my boat that I could be using for storage. Here is a floor plan. The rod holders are tubes into the sides and I hate them. I am always bending guides. And there is a ton of space right in front of the motor that is wasted. And the front storage area under the platform is useless. I'm just wondering if anyone has done any customizing with their fiberglass.

http://www.navnitmarine.com/2011/trophy-...-plan.html
[signature]
My show boating video![Smile] Hope you like me on Face book!
[laugh] jk I don't have face book haha

I raised my twin outboards to get maximum speed and rpm's out of them.The cavitation plate is nearly at the waterline lol,any higher they will cavitate when making sharp turns,they are set just right for optimal performance and rpm which is near 9000 rpm!
Nothing beats a jon boat,REMEMBER jon boat=Best boat.
In the show boating clip at the end their is a boat owner and his mechanic working on his twin 4-stroke outboards so I tilt my motors and rev them up! Show Boating! Remember nothing beats a 2 -stroke!
Bring back the 2 stroke outboards!

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDoA815QAEM"] [Image: mqdefault.jpg] 2:53[/url]
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDoA815QAEM"]Optimal cavitation plate hight Plus Show boating!

[/url]
[signature]
luv the boat and nice bow mount![Wink]
[signature]
Wow I missed this post earlier. That is a very nice setup you have. What model and size is that?
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]
Because of this post I’ve now started another mod on my boat. Fsh4fun05 mentioned that he added a front deck extension to his ride so why can’t I have one, right? Not complete yet but I ordered up the carpet yesterday so I should have another 19x32x12” box to stuff more crap in.[/font]
[signature]