Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha G3 does NOT leak anymore!!!
Hallelujah!
After MANY hours spent plugging lines, testing lines, testing remote valves, bilges, live wells ,removing all of my floor boards (NOT fun)
,etc,etc ,etc,etc. The leak has been found and fixed.
Just to make sure of the fix I ran it at full speed today in to those good sized rollers at Utah Lake.
It turned out to be my thru-hull fitting from my front live-well that discharges the water when the drain lever is pulled. It was just loose enough to cause a trickle while static but I'll bet it really leaked at full speed.
All is good.
[signature]
thers only 2 kinds of boats one with water and the one that will bee soon
[signature]
Glad you got it fixed Shawn, sounds like it was a pain though. Hopefully that is all that is wrong it. Have you caught any fishing in your new boat?
[signature]
Just a ton of whites UL last December a few days before ice, that was when I discovered the leak.
I am trying to get my concrete drive poured this week but the darn rain and snow keeps trashing my subgrade. As soon as the drive is finished I will mount my I Pilot and riggers and be ready to go!
[signature]
Heck Shane a boat the doesnt leak and a motor that runs. Youll have a lonely wife this summer.
[signature]
Am I going to have a surprise with a no running motor?
[signature]
No Rowdy, you will be fine.
UTmuddguy was at the launch with me last week while I tried to start my motor. I left the safety clip off the control and it wouldn't start. I cleaned the plugs like four times thinking they were fouled.
[signature]
I didnt think so. Sounded great when we fired it up in your driveway.
[signature]
Been there done that...if my Optimax 115 doesnt start first crank...the safety shutoff switch is the first thing I check.
[signature]