Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any CJ Reports for crappie or perch
Just looking for any reports on CJ?
[signature]
I hear that they are still catching jumbo perch in front of cottonwood, there were lots of boats anchored in the narrows last weekend, don't know if they had any success.
[signature]
I am heading there Friday for bass. We might try for perch and crappy too. I will let you know.
[signature]
Last saturday the conditions were not all that great considering a significant temperature drop and mild wind gusts.

We did catch a couple perch but they appear to be in or embarking in to the spawning period.

We also caught 2 crappie.
[signature]
I was out there sunday in the narrows and a few other places, it was a bust for me, caught one little perch in the narrows. I trolled for trout and didn't get a bite. I was doing the same trolling as dec 18th when i limited in 2 hours.

I think once this warmer weather settles in the fish will be on again. I found plenty of fish, even with cut bait the perch were not biting. I didn't see too many people catching fish, and the couple boats passing by said they hadn't had much luck either.

This weekend looks pretty promising... Stupid family holidays... I'd rather be out in the boat.
[signature]
[quote D_Luck]
This weekend looks pretty promising... Stupid family holidays... I'd rather be out in the boat.[/quote]

I hear ya, my same thoughts.....
Matt
[signature]
Spent a few hours today at CJ, but the wind was not kind to us. with 3ft waves we could not do much. no fish. We took the grand kids to the sand dunes and let them play in the sand. Perhaps next time---
[signature]