Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay inlet
Hey guys me and my girlfriend have never fought walleye and are looking for something to try tonight I been hearing the inlet would be a good bet to go try. Is there still a lot of walleye being cought at the inlet? Any info thanks
[signature]
There should still be some up there. Not rocket science, just chuck a curly tail and slow retrieve. Please be a sportsman and release all snagged walleye...[fishin]
[signature]
I went up on Thursday afternoon and stayed til dark just to see what all the noise was about. I saw about 10 fish caught. 7 were snagged and I am happy to say they were ALL released. I saw 2 that were definitely fair hooked. I saw one caught and he was far enough away I am not sure how it was hooked. He did keep it. I didnt see the illegal activity that I had heard about. Possibly word got out it was being watched or maybe it was over blown in the first place. Not sure. I caught 1 fish it was snagged and released. I did not see a huge number of fish taken considering the number of people there. A couple guys did have fish on stringers that were caught before I got there,.
[signature]
Alright thanks I'm definantley a true sportsmen and will release any foul hooked fish!!
[signature]