Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally a Walleye for the wall
After 7,000 casts I finally pissed one off enough to bite.
She weighed in at exactly 12lbs and 31 inches.
She is now headed up to Dan Johnson in Syracuse to have her mounted.
[signature]
Nice fish, great job!
[signature]
Nice fish
[signature]

Nice fish!!!
[signature]
+1 definetly worthy
[signature]
I say dog danm man your a stud
[signature]
Not only big, but a pretty fish too, good job.... J
[signature]
Good job!
[signature]
Welcome to the over 30 inch club. Thats a great looking fish and Dan will do you a good job and congrats.
Big walleyes are a passion of mine.
We have a 32 in. and a 35 1/4 in. on the wall.
[signature]
She's a beaut
[signature]
nice fish, ever heard of a fiberglass reproduction, they last a lifetime unlike a real fish mount
[signature]
I have and I don't like them. Anyone can go and have one made without ever catching the fish. Skin mount is more personal to me and can last more than a lifetime with proper care. The only time I would do a reproduction is for a lake trout.
[signature]
Thank you all for the kind words!
[signature]
Again, congrates on a great walleye. I agree with you on the skin mount having it be more personal but the amount of shrinkage you get from them sucks. I had a 271/2 incher mounted and when it was done it ended up being 2 inches shorter than the original measurment. I would probably do the reprodution fiberglass next time for that reason alone.

It's your trophy and your choice, you'll enjoy it forever. NICE FISH
[signature]
That is good to know! Thank you for the info.
[signature]
Nice eye!
[signature]
if it came out 2 inches shorter it was really curved or you need a new fish guy. I think he will be happy with Dans work. If the mount is curved away from the wall the show side might be slightly shorter and the wall side slightly longer. Most good fish taxidermist know you will be measuring so they get the show side length right. It shouldnt be 2 inches shorter no matter what
[signature]
Congratulations! That's a beast.
[signature]
Congrats on a pretty fish, I hope she came out of Willard Bay. We need some of those big females removed to help reduce the walleye population there.[fishin]
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]I'll back you up on the resin mount reproductions. I have both a walleye and northern resin mounts. They look great...except for the teeth. No way to reproduce the menace of the actual teeth with resin.

Congrats on a fish that is truly wall-worthy.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]