Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New poll for week of Nov. 16 (water crafts)
What type of water craft do you use for fishing??

Do you use a boat, canoe, any type of float tube, pontoon, or do you prefer bankfishing??
If it's ice fishing season for you tell us about your sled, snowmobile or other types of transportation devices. Please give us a brief description of what you use and post it to this thread. Don't forget, pictures are always welcome.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hi TubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]Your post looked so lonely that I just had to add my 2 cents. Before I bought my Outcast Super Fat Cat I perfered fishing from the bank or wading in a river or stream. When I lived in South Florida my choice was fishing from a pier. Now tubing or wading in a stream is my preference.[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1639;]
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

My tube of preference is my Stealthrider U-boat. Yes, I would rather own a different brand/model i.e. FatCat.

My kayak preference would be an Ocean Kayak Caper as it fits me perfectly and is a very good fishing machine as I have fished these boats.

My preference for a Private Boat would be a Whaler or Baja 23 to 30 ft walkaround as I have fished these boats.

My preference for a Open-party Boat for near shore has a very wide stern, situated very low to the water.

That's it.

JapanRon
[signature]
I use a bunch of stuff. I fish from: (a) a 20 ft. fish-n-ski with a 200 hp outboard and a bow mount electric; (b) an old float tube; © a 16' canoe (sometimes with an electric motor); (d) a small (8 foot) Bantam 3x boat with electric motor; and I wade, icefish and bankfish, too.

Don
[signature]
[cool][size 2]What a setup![/size]

[size 2]Most regulars on the BFT boards know that I am a tubaholic. I have owned or field tested a whole buncha different craft over the years. I currently fish from a tricked out Outcast Super Fat Cat.[/size]

[size 2]While it is one of the most costly craft besides full-blown pontoons, it has many quality features that are easy to justify. On the other hand, if I were to redesign it I could come up with some changes that would make for greater comfort and efficiency. Love the big pockets and the pointed bow design. Also like the high seating...virtually out of the water. But, no matter how I adjust the seats and the back rest I can never stay comfortable very long and usually have a backache when I get off the water.[/size]

[size 2]I fish float tubes in all kinds of water...fresh and salt...still or flowing. I also fish every species I can safely go after...with spinning, baitcasting and flyrods. Float tubes have some limitations, compared to boats, but they also offer a lot of advantages. But, "whatever floats your boat".[/size]

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage3072351.jpg]
[signature]
I fish out of a big round float tube with nothing in the way of accessorys like Tube Dude-wow some setup!I've also got a 17' tracker w/60hp and lots of stuff-fishfinder/gps troller,steering wheel,etc.I mostly drag a sled ice fishing but sometimes use my old snow mobile 1985 250cc skidoo.I guess it all depends on the situation what I use.
[signature]
just bought my first tube this year a caddis nevada added a three rod holder and for next year i have a fishin buddy 2 fish finder i'll be useing
[signature]
Hey aquaman, welcome to the realms of dunking donuts. Glad to hear that you joined us in the ranking of poor mans boats. They are alot of fun and easier to carry around than a big old boat. Good luck with it and be sure to show us some pic of it later.
[signature]
1967 (remodeled twice) Crestliner aluminum 19', 140 hp Evirude with a 15 hp kicker, electric mounted on the main motor, lots o' downriggers, two depth finders. Soon to be parked in place of a 1990 Polaris Indy chassis with a Rotax 670 engine, 136x2" track and a 1994 Arctic Cat EXT Mountain Cat EFI with a 136x2" track pulling a homemade sled decked out for breaking the wind, cooking lunch and keeping the kids warm and busy. If that doesn't work I'll walk on thin ice pulling my plastic pickup bed toolbox on old downhill skis. Holds everything four anglers could possibly need to jerk some perch through the ice.

Kevin
[signature]
Well here is a picture of my craft. It is a Caddis U-boat. I don't have it fully tricked out yet. My sonar goes on this week.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1665;]

this one below is my son, TubeNtoo

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1667;]
[signature]
I also am a member of tubaholics anonymous. I have a Stillwater donut that is 6 years old and still going strong -- with the original truck tube inside as well. (Of course it was packed away for 2 years while I was out of the country), so maybe 5 years of use. I wish my fin straps were holding out too--gonna have to replace them next Spring. My father owns a green Coleman canoe that we use a lot as well, especially for trout, but my favorite is my tube. I'd love to get a nicer one like the Super Fat Cat, however I don't get enough allowance from "the boss" for that.
[signature]
Hey Tube, if you could put an electric moter on that thing I might be willing to try it.[cool] But for now I'll stick with my 14'Lund with 9.9 Honda.All rigged to troll with and a down rigger for the deeper lakes.
[signature]
Hey there gdn443, As far as crafts go you got me beat hands down. The Uboats are designed primarily for kicking power only. Although there are some Uboats that are bigger and could handle a small electric trolling motor. They are more expensive but can handle the extra accessories.

Could you post a pic of your craft. I would love to see it.[cool]
[signature]
Used to usa a tube but I sold it this fall(too small for me), looking to buy either a new u-boat or toon this spring.
[signature]
I have a couple tubes I take out plus my little 19' center console bayliner.
[signature]
[center][Image: BLM-Boat-400-i.gif][/center][center][size 5]The Boomerang[/size][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](In you best Forest Gump voice) That's My Boat.... 20' Gregor Super Sea Hawk with a Johnson Ocean Pro 115 hp Outboard and a 15 HP Mercury Kicker. Full equiped with dual sonar, GPS / Plotter, T-Top, VHF Radio. [/size][/font][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
Hey BLM, that craft looks sweet. I have a single sonar now on my tube,GPS, and 2 outboard kickers(left foot and right foot). I am not ready to race with you yet. Anyway, Nice rig buddy.
[signature]
[size 1]Sit-On-Top Kayak[/size]

[size 1]We all share some common goals: to spend more time fishing and catch more and bigger fish. And for myself, find an alternative to high cost of power boat ownership and/or avoid crowded sportfishing boats. So, kayak fishing made the most sense to me. I can drop my boat in just about anywhere (much like a tube fisherman); have access to Salt and Freshwater fishing; and the cost is relatively inexpensive.[/size]

[size 1]I'm a resident in Southern California (Orange County). -No it's not like the TV show. I fish the Yellowtail, White Seabass and Halibut just off shore; Spotted Bay Bass in the harbors, and LM Bass, Stripers and trout in the lakes. [/size]

[size 1]Dave[/size]
[signature]
i have a 11ft streamside pontoon and a 14ft Sears aluminum boat with a 3.9hp merc with a 36 thrust minnkota kicker
[signature]
Nice looking toon there buddy. Did you get your trolling motor for it yet??
[signature]