Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake conditions and report 4/4/2013
Thursday, April 04, 2013

Bear Lake Fishing Report:

Ice fishing is over with on Bear Lake for this year. The shoreline areas have melted enough that you can no longer access the ice. However, you cannot launch a boat on the lake since the lake is still 99% covered with ice. The marina has thawed so as soon as the lake is ice free boats will be able to launched. There is no fishing report since there is no lake access at this time. If the warm weather and wind continues the ice could come off in a matter of 1-2 weeks.

Garden City Community Fishery Pond
Water has been drained for repairs on the pond. Once repaired it will be filled and stocked with sterile rainbow trout.

Laketown Reservoir
Ice is mostly melted and reservoir is full. No fishing pressure. Should be good for rainbow trout with flies, bait, and spinners.
[signature]
Well I got one frustrating and one not-so-frustrating trip up there on the ice. Plan on getting the boat up there a few times this summer/fall.
[signature]
Ah Shucks. I was looking to do a little more ice fishing. Could you possibly access the ice in waders?
[signature]
The ice is rotten and showing pockets and large cracks of open water all over the lake.
[signature]
Looks like I'll have to wait till next year. Hopefully it caps over again.
[signature]
[quote one8sevenn]Looks like I'll have to wait till next year. Hopefully it caps over again.[/quote]Not a chance.
[signature]
Feel free to try[Tongue]. Here's a pic of the east side today, west side is much worse.
[signature]
Hey Thom,

You finding any bone?
[signature]
Not enough! I was actually up callin dogs and did pretty well, did manage a few dink sheds while we were at it.
[signature]
Still a few big ones around. Just have to get lucky.
[signature]