Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting week on the Jordan
I drive by a little offlet of the Jordan River every day on my way to and from work. With the (somewhat) nice weather we've had recently, I figured I'd stop and throw a spinner. I stopped by every day Tuesday-Friday this week from about 5:30 pm to about 6:00 pm. I could only stay about a half hour each day because "the traffic was bad" excuse is a sacred lie to the girlfriend that I couldn't take advantage of.[Image: happy.gif]

The water is pretty slow at the spot I've seen and I figured I could probably catch a white bass or two.

Day 1, Tuesday: I went with my old trusty favorite, silver Blue Fox. After about 10 minutes I hooked up. Brought in my first Largemouth ever.[Image: image.gif] I fished another few minutes and didn't have any more bites.

Day 2, Wednesday: Back to my same spot, same time. I threw the silver Blue Fox for a few minutes and decided to try a gold one and after a few casts a hooked onto something HUGE. I was stoked, I knew it was either a big Bass or Walleye. I fought it for a good 5-10 minutes before I got it in. [Image: image.gif] A beautiful Golden Tarpon. I was surprised and disappointed (with a spinner). It was a good fight, and funny enough some guy was walking by with his dog as I was reeling it in and I got him to snap the picture for me. Again fished a few more minutes with no luck, and headed home.

Day 3, Thursday: Same spot, same time. I started again with the gold Blue Fox. This time, on my second cast, I hooked up. I got it in. It was another decent sized Largemouth.[Image: image.gif] This one was a little smaller than the one I caught Tuesday, but the colors were a lot brighter. I knew then, after 2 bass in 3 days, i was a professional bass fisherman. [Wink] Again fished a little while alonger to no avail.

Day 4, Friday, The final chapter: Same spot, same time. I was fishing for a bit with the gold Blue Fox with no luck. After about 20 minutes I was about ready to get my Friday night started, and then it happened... Again something big. I didn't know what to think this time. I now had 3 ideas of what it was. Big bass, good sized Walleye, or fat Carp. None of the above. [Image: image.gif] It was the biggest Catfish I have caught so far. I didn't have a tape measure or scale, but it was big. The SOUTH will rise again.[laugh]

I was excited to not only catch my first Largemouth, but a big Carp, and my biggest Catfish to date (both on a spinner).

I'm sorry if the pictues didn't turn out the way I wanted. I'm going to repost them down here just in case.
[signature]
Looks like a great week with lots of variety. Fun stuff.

Tell your GF that you are stopping to fish for a bit, then she can plan for it. If she can't cut you a little slack .....
[signature]
Sick channel cat bro, I haven't been having very good luck. Like you said, the water has been really clear where i've been going and unfortunately almost everything I've seen is carp or suckers and I've been trying to focus on cats. Me and a friend last night were on the Jordan from like 8p.m . to like 1 A.M. lol. We sure had a lot of big @ss bites but they weren't quite biting like summer last year. I heard huge stuff jumping all over as well.
[signature]