Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chasing kitties (4/6)
Well I have 54 more days in Utah, and I have been itching to get out on the open water. Thought about Newton, but water temps out there (as of Thursday evening) are 43-47 degrees. So with that in mind, I looked over some maps and decided on a spot to head out to yesterday. Andy and his defective knee came along for the ride. [Tongue]

The weather was nice at first, then turned pretty windy on and off the rest of the outing. We got rained on a little, but it wasn't too bad. We weren't expecting much, but just wanted to get out on the open water. Turned out it was a great decision. We ended up with 7 channels, the three biggest being a 25-inch, 6 pound female (Andy's), a 26-inch, 8 pound female, and a 30-inch, 7 pound male. I wasn't able to get a picture of Andy's biggest. She flopped right out of his hands and over the side of the boat before I got the camera out. It was the prettiest of the cats we caught too. The other four were in between 15-20 inches and all females. Fun day fishing. All of the kitties seemed to be very healthy and fought hard. Too bad the contest doesn't start until the 15th. [cool]
[signature]
odd the skys look all white and clear in your pics weather must have been really bad
[signature]
that 30 incher is a snake
[signature]
No kidding. I couldn't believe how long and skinny it way. He sure put up a good fight though.
[signature]
Yup - shoulda chased out after ya alrighty. And here I was thinking Sunday was supposed to better weather. THAT sure wasn't true! Wicked wind!

Well at least you woke em up and warned them I'm coming!!!

Thinking the same thing about the contest start. Think next year we need to shut down the Ice-Contest sooner, and start the cat contest even earlier.

yup - so windy it just blew the sky right off your pix! Some have suggested rainy stormy weather gets the kitties frisky! Guess you lend support to such a notion!