Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Past trips to the Weber
Had a couple of days to get out and enjoy some time on the Weber. Fishing anywhere from the Middle, to below where lost Creek comes in... Anywhere in between, just doesn't have any water! I honestly can't believe Utah doesn't manage the Weber River better. It could really be one of the top fisheries in the state. Between the flow management we've seen the past 2 years (draining echo), the river bottoms are completely covered in soot. Really low bug life on the lower Weber. From fishing last year at this time, I'm only seeing/catching about a 1/4 of what it was. Up on the Middle has been pretty good though. Of course, everyone else realizes this and it doesn't take to long for a group of 4 to come right up behind you and totally ruin what could've been a really good day! Oh well, It's always nice to get out on the river and touch some of mother natures creations!

While screen, managed to pick up a sculpin about 2" long! I swapped over to a streamer after this and had a bunch of hits, but none of the hits where at the hook point. Next batch of streamers I tie will definitely have stingers behind the shanks.

Enjoy the pics.

[Image: DSCN2148_zps30410e2e.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2147_zps4b562454.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2146_zps20c71670.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2144_zpsecb46331.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2142_zpsc4362db5.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2130_zps22b883ca.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2129_zps2ab2a064.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2128_zps3596a0f2.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2127_zps6029d066.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2126_zps53101dda.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2124_zpsa3dee3ff.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2122_zpsf5f7c222.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2120_zps1c646e52.jpg]
[signature]
Right on man! Looks like you were killing it. Great looking photos too.
[signature]
That cutty was way pretty. I think maybe the flows are a little better on the lower.
[signature]
I was on the lower weeb (Devil Slide Area) on Saturday ( 6th) Flows are pretty low, lots of exposed rock beds and moss . Hopefully thell start releasing water out of the reservoirs to anticipate the run off but from what I hear the reservoirs are all still low.

On the brighter side the shallow water is making for some great dry fly fishing. The water is slow moving & crystal clear , In those semi shallow areas toss a #20 or 22 sprout midge at them and hod on, [cool]
[signature]