Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket List
After seeing JustJim's post on fishing in the Amazon it reminded me of my bucket list.
I really just have had 3 that stand out above all the over places I'd like to fly fish.
Amazon
Kamchatka
Bristol Bay

If anyone wants to share their top bucketlist locations that would be great.

[signature]
Kamtchatka
Tibet
[signature]
New Zealand - For the bows and browns
Siberia - For the Taimen
South Africa - For the Goliath Tiger Fish [Smile]
[signature]
I would love to hit Alaska 2-3 more times, esp. Bristol bay, and fishing for taimen would be fun, but my bucket list is to catch all the cutt subspecies and also score a bull trout. I haven't caught a chum salmon yet either.
[signature]
Yeah I think BC would be fun to go for some bull trout and maybe some big brookies, grayling and pike.
[signature]
[quote doggonefishin]I haven't caught a chum salmon yet either.[/quote]

your in for some fun there! we do a thing in WA (have not done it for 2 years) and specifically target chum, its a blast on the fly!
[signature]
I want to go to Guyana and fish Essequibo river.
Its Guyana's largest river so I hope to be able to pull out the largest Lukanani bass cichlid anyone has ever seen!
[signature]
I call them dog salmon. And if you also have dog in your screen name you should too. The first big dog salmon I ever hooked onto I misjudged and put the breaks on it's run too hard. The only salmon that ever cracked a rod on me but I did land it. I managed to catch all 5 species of salmon in Alaska in freshwater that trip. I still like catching silvers better. Just how many subspecies of cutts are there total? Seems like a lifelong pursuit.
[signature]
There is fourteen species of cutthroat trout. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutthroat_trout
[signature]
BC and fish with April Vokey [angelic]
[signature]
NY for Browns, Patagonia
[signature]
RE"Just how many subspecies of cutts are there total? Seems like a lifelong pursuit."

It's not bad actually, and the trick is finding the time. I bet you may be closer than you think.

1. Coastal cutt, O. clarki clarki
2. Westslope cutt, O.c.lewisi
3. Yellowstone cutt, O.c. bouvieri (caught)
4. Snake River Finespotted cutt, O.c.behnkei (caught)
5. Bonneville cutt, O.c.utah (caught)
6. Rio Grande cutt, O.c. virginalis
7. Greenback cutt, O.c.stomias (caught)
8. Colorado river cutt, O.c.pleuricitis (Caught I think, but I want a better specimen(s))
9. Lahontan cutt, O.c.henshawi
10. Paiute cutt, O.c.selerinis
11. Whitehorse basin cutt, O.c.ssp
12. Humboldt cutt, O.c.ssp

There are additional 2 extinct subspecies and the Paiute cutt is classified as endangered and only in a small California stream, so is off limits. I would thus have 6 more. You might be even farther along. I won't worry about the umpteen subtypes within each subspecies. Wink

For the original question, I would also add Golden trout to the list. I still haven't caught me an aguabonita. Smile
[signature]
Colorado subspecies is easy- a few of the North Slope of the Unitas streams are loaded with them.
I guess I've caught 6 on that list but I think they combined the Yellowstone and Snake R. subspecies into a single subspecies.
Goldens are easy in Utah if you know when and where to show up- took me a few years to figure that out but my son and I have caught quite a few each. If you're there at the right time they'll hit anything thrown at them. Pm me if you want to save a couple years of trial and error efforts on them.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]. . .
Amazon
Kamchatka
Bristol Bay
[/quote]

wait- aren't like half of those liquors?

Don't think there's a bucket big enough for my list. Cuz it keep growing too.

Alaska would be up there for sure. More ocean-deep-sea fishing too. Salmon from the Sawtooths, Sturgeon... yeah - it goes. on.
Re"Colorado subspecies is easy- a few of the North Slope of the Unitas streams are loaded with them."

I've not fished the North slope before. That is a good idea. What I'm more interested in is to catch some of those bright red bellied spawning chunky CRC's down on the Boulders. They're also supposed to be expanding CRC stocking to some of the Uinta lakes in selected, appropriate, drainages. Could be good times that way too.

RE"Goldens are easy in Utah if you know when and where to show up- took me a few years to figure that out but my son and I have caught quite a few each. If you're there at the right time they'll hit anything thrown at them."

I think I might know where that is and when. The DWR also stocked a few more there as well. I've tried a couple of times later in the year with no success but I'm due to give it another go.

Oh, I forgot one more! Has anyone on here been to Arizona to catch Apache trout?
[signature]
Somewhere North of Scipio. [Wink]
[signature]
1. Alaska - Salmon / Halibut
2. B.C. - Monster White Sturgeon / Bull trout
3. Kamchatka - monster trout
[signature]
New Zealand. Big time.
Maybe a repeat of some spring steelhead on POW.
Amazon Peacocks.
[signature]
Still have only fished POW in summer and fall. I need to get up in spring one of these years. I imagine it's cool, rainy and 10 times the bears than people out on the streams.
I'll put that on my B list
Spring Stealhead POW Island
Iceland
Pyramid Lake in a couple more years when the LCT really start to get big.
[signature]
Looks like I might have one more to add to the bucket list. Wink

http://kortumofdiscovery.wordpress.com/2...any-years/
[signature]