Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me vs. the Jordan River
After getting my first job finally at nineteen, I had to get out after sitting through 6 hour orientation yesterday and cashier training today. Anyway me and the Jordan River had a great battle. We both beat each other up. Slammed 5 suckers+ 1 Carp. My overall fishing stats were 6/9 successful catches. I missed a huge carp probably 30+ inches...I threw it by a tree and about a minute after sitting there, WHAM! pole slams down and huge Carp jumps like 4 feet out of water,and litteraly jumps over the tree(Would have laughed if he would have killed himself) over the tree branches and gets my pole snagged around it and it was way to deep to go walk and untangle it [mad]. The other 2 misses I know were huge but I didn't actually see them.

Picture taking didn't go so well because all my fish were super pissy today and wouldn't stay still plus I didn't have anyone to help me. On the ones where you can read the inches, it's probably a inch or 2 bigger actually but it was hard without having some1 to help.

So anyway, I had some ownage of the Jordan river including 4 suckers (18-22inches) in about 10 minutes and lots of people saw all the fish I was catching. After the fourth one I waited 5 more mins, and received a huge slam but this time the fish must have went between 2 huge boulders or something cause it got me snagged and I played with him, trying to get him to swim out of it but it didn't work so I just had to break the line. After that happened, I should have just stayed at that spot cause it was killer but being me I wanted to see the fish in every hole, not just 1.

So I tryed a few spots along the way but overall it ended up being a disaster. I only caught 2 more the whole time(1 from each hole:another sucker and the lone carp). Part of why I left where I was doing so good earlier was cause I had a specific spot of mine I haven't gotten to try yet and really wanted to give it a go. Well, I couldn't find my spot! In the process of looking for it I freaking got ripped to shreds by branches and sticker things, and lost about an hours worth of fishing looking for the stupid spot!

But yeah, I am definitely going back to that 4 sucker hole and so going to find my spot I couldn't find! All fish were released. Here's 5 pictures of 5/6 fish I caught. One of the Sucker pictures ended up like absolute garbage so I didn't include it. Also, I was kind of laughing at the only carp I caught. He was in like literally 6-9inches of water and I could see him and just casted a couple of feet in front of him and he swam to it and took it.
[signature]
sounds fun, esp after sitting through new employee orientation.
[signature]
Looks like someone forgot to invite someone to slay the fish for you ha ha ha.
[signature]
Did you remember to ventilate the carp before release?
[signature]
Nah sorry man. If it was Utah Lake I would have done it but not in the Jordan River. I just go there to try and catch the biggest fish possible cause that's the funnest way and i'm not gonna kill 24+inch fish. Plus i was a dork and forgot a knife. Otherwise I probably would have a kept a sucker or 2 so I could use it as cat bait.
[signature]
Except fishing is about fun not slaying haha! Yeah sorry I figured you were probably at Lower Bells or whereever it was that you said you were going to by the time I finally was off.
[signature]