Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Ball, Chickamauga CFF #3, LM, 4/13/13, SOLO
Was boat # 7 and was able to pull up on my first spot untouched. 3rd cast I caught a 4lber and 7th cast I caught my big fish which weighed 5.8 lbs. With 2 good fish in the livewell and boats sitting everywhere around me, I decided to head toward the Bear Trace coves and I picked up my limit there on a TightLine Jigs Guntersville Special jig 1/2 ounce with a pumpkin colored rage tail craw trailer. Knew I had to get rid of the 16 inch fish I caught there and headed towards Waconda Point. Caught 4 fish there with a wacky rigged Senko (Shad Colored) and only 2 kept, 1 of them being another 4 1/2 lber. I then headed up river to a flat just off the river channel which is holding some very nice hydrilla growth (green) and boated 4 more fish which did not upgrade. Finished the rest of the day in the Park and never got bit. 13.84 lbs was good enough for 3rd place. Typical Pre-Spawn bite for me in that I caught most of my good fish on a trap (X-Calibur XR-50 One Knocker Foxy Lady.) Finished the day with 17 fish and 13 keepers, all caught before noon. Thanks to Dropshot for all he does for the weigh ins, saw him head in at 12:30 to get the scales and everything else needed to run the show ready for the rest of to weigh in.