Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Weeb
Well the girlfriend decided since we got her hair done yesterday I could go fishing today [Smile] So arrived at the Weber around 1 and headed out. After about an hour and a half of nymphing with only a few hits I decided to go to flies. I tied on a BWO after seeing some coming off and ended up with two little browns one 9" the other 12". Big whoop right? Well I accomplished something today... I caught my first trout out of the Weber and my first fish out of a river on a dry fly. This is only my 3rd time on the Weeb since I started fly fishing two years ago. I always use streamers and terrestrials on lakes so this was a fun experience. I still need work though [crazy]
[signature]
Nice work! I was up in the Morgan area today. The weeb was fishing red hot today... Way to go on knocking off that first fish on new water. Always a good feeling.
[signature]
it was?? i thought it was kinda slow [Tongue]
[signature]
Nice Ive been fishing the Devils Slide area for the past few weekends its crazy how low the water levels are. I think this time last year the runoff was in full effect.

Any how what section are you fishing ? Gonna head out this weekend either, Morgan, Hennifer, or Tag not sure but I can show a great place for dries in Tag.
[signature]
[quote refugeOntheFly]it was?? i thought it was kinda slow [Tongue][/quote]ha well ill make sure to give you one of my sow bugs... That oughta do it! [Wink] but seriously, I'd say that was one of our best days on the weeb. Now if we could keep all those white fish off the line and replace them with more brown we will be set! Although I am looking forward to our whitefish fry...
[signature]
I've been fishing the Wanship area and the Coalville area. Coalville is all muddied up now but Wanship has been producing some nice midge hatches.
[signature]
[quote TylerKunz][quote refugeOntheFly]it was?? i thought it was kinda slow [Tongue][/quote]ha well ill make sure to give you one of my sow bugs... That oughta do it! [Wink] but seriously, I'd say that was one of our best days on the weeb. Now if we could keep all those white fish off the line and replace them with more brown we will be set! Although I am looking forward to our whitefish fry...[/quote]

The Sunset?
[signature]
Yesterday was one of my best days on the weber too. I was nymphing a tan sow bug from 1:00-4:00 pm and caught a bunch of fish. About half were big whitefish and half browns from 14-18 inches. The whitefish put up a great fight but still too ugly for me to get excited about.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess][quote TylerKunz][quote refugeOntheFly]it was?? i thought it was kinda slow [Tongue][/quote]ha well ill make sure to give you one of my sow bugs... That oughta do it! [Wink] but seriously, I'd say that was one of our best days on the weeb. Now if we could keep all those white fish off the line and replace them with more brown we will be set! Although I am looking forward to our whitefish fry...[/quote]

The Sunset?[/quote] no just a standard flashback sow. Rainbow dubbing and I just found this crystal braid that I use for the flashback and it works awesome! Much better than the old sharpie trick
[signature]
Peacock for the flash back as well, and try ribbing with fine burgundy wire....BOOM!
[signature]
I used peacock for a while until I found this braid... It was just to delicate when I would start cranking down on the thread. Ill try the burgundy wire, I've been using just silver
[signature]
Ha +1 it got to the point of just playing them hoping they would just spit the hook!
[signature]
haha damn whities.. they sure can fight though. Fish fry for sure!!
[signature]
Yup! Anyone know if you can make a fire on the banks of the weber?
[signature]
Huh... For the life of me I don't think that question has ever been asked. I don't see what's stopping you but I would be hesitant if you are fishing near an easement, might get he land owner upset
[signature]
Ha ya I can't imagine I'm the first to wonder that! What's better than frying up a whitey 5 minutes out of the river? From what I hear they are quite tasty...
[signature]
Maybe get one of the BBQ that attaches to your hitch and you can Q them up right there [Wink]
[signature]
[quote sinergy]Maybe get one of the BBQ that attaches to your hitch and you can Q them up right there [Wink][/quote]

That's what I'm thinkin'[Smile] I want one of those back pack stoves, but dang! I thought fly rods were expensive.
[signature]
Sierra Trading post has the Jetboil Helios for like 105

Use code: COSU13 for 3 dollar shipping
[signature]
From what I hear they are quite tasty...

I heard that too and I tried frying up a fresh whitie once. Nastiest fish I ever tasted.
I think smoked it might taste OK but so would smoked shoe leather for that matter.
[signature]