Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3fer 4_14_13 - Rockport,Echo,Lost Creek
Fishing from shore. Too windy at Rockport - water is down so it's a steep bank unless you like the mud. $3.00 parking at Dam was full.

Echo - saw nobody - 1 14" 1lb rainbow using power bait. Wind came and went. Ate the trout for dinner. Pic looking SW at Echo.

Lost Creek - new favorite location - 1st time at reservoir. So quiet - no action - a few jumpers at around 4:30 pm - about 8 cars total for the 2 hours spent there. All the little boats I saw had at least electric motors - heard small hp outboards arriving at the boat launch. Still - I love the quiet. Gate locks at 10 pm - no place for campers anywhere up the access road. I'll figure out what's there and decide how I want to fish!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Yerba1, thanks for posting your report. In case you were not aware of this, Lost creek has a boat ramp in the back, just follow the road over the dam and down the road a ways. How did you find out about BFT?
WH2
[signature]
Who knows how I find most things on the internet. This just happens to be a site that doesn't get me into hot water as much as others. DWR site says "motorless" boating on lost creek - so I never bothered dragging up the ride. Next time I'll be floatin and droppin instead of castin!
[signature]
[quote Yerba1] DWR site says "motorless" boating on lost creek - so I never bothered dragging up the ride. Next time I'll be floatin and droppin instead of castin![/quote]
That is not correct, you can have any size motor you want on Lost Creek but it is a wakeless lake. I'm guessing the motorless statement is a misprint but I'll call the DNR and find out for sure. It was not motorless last year.
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to the site and thanks for the report. By following the link in the fishing guide (go.usa.gov/xjp) the list still shows lost Creek as wakeless speed only with boats.
[signature]
thanks for the updates! I was looking at the description here:http://www.utah.com/stateparks/lost_creek.htm
It's the Utah.com travel industry website that pops up first on the googled search.

Again - I look forward to floating - wakeless - and often this Spring and Summer @ Lost Creek!
[signature]
Looks like Echo's water level has come up. Is the ramp launchable at the main resort?

TiteLines
[signature]
Damned if I know - there wasn't another soul on that body of water that afternoon. I was back a Lost Creek on Sunday -but it was windy and cold.

It's nearing the end of April - and I'm waiting to see the levels start to rise; but about the time the sun makes an appearance, it's followed by 2 feet of snow in the higher elevations.

I was wondering if they were keeping Echo low on purpose, while the heavy machinery is working around the dam. Still a lot of rocky slopes with tangled snags exposed at all the spots heading East up Parleys.
[signature]
[quote Yerba1]I was wondering if they were keeping Echo low on purpose, while the heavy machinery is working around the dam.[/quote]

Echo will remain at or near the current level until 2014 because of dam repairs. They are or will be doing a fix on the spillway soon, then the water level will rise a little more but will not fill until 2014.
[signature]