Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Day Long Beard.
Thought about joining the contest but I haven't hunted Turkey's for a couple of years.Finally about 11pm Sunday night my buddy talked me into taking him up to some of my fields. Well long story short by 9 am we was heading back home Monday.

Lots of birds and VERY VOCAL! Got some great video of vocals n a nice rain drop instead of a tom in strut.[pirate]. Oh well.

My buddies 1st Tom. 8.5 inches.
[signature]
Sweet. I have not even heard a bird yet.
[signature]
Nice. We didn't see or hear a single bird. 2nd worst day turkey hunting I've ever had..... Glad you got into one though....[Smile]
[signature]
Thx y'all. Cant wait to get back out.
[signature]
Goods luck on your hunt, looks like your buddy got a nice tom. Pretty slow for me down here opening weekend, I'll have one more shot at them this Sat. & Sun.
[signature]
Thx. Good luck ur way as well.
[signature]
My hunt was a total bust this year, I guess I deserve a bad year after a few good ones in a row. Saw plenty of birds on Indian land but not much on the several hundred acres we can hunt. Hunters hunting there that didn't have permission. Our friend now lives about 10 miles away in Roosevelt so I think the locals know that there is no one there to keep an eye on the ground even though it is fenced and still has the old No Trespass signs up. One idiot spent Sat. Eve. walking around the woods shooting his gun every 20 minutes or so. He fired his last shot as we were packing up our decoys and ground blind as shooting hrs. had ended, he was maybe a couple hundred yards away, jumped in his truck and left. I was going to have the wife get an over the counter tag in May, but may have to reconsider. Congrats to you guys that got your toms. Time to get the Ol'Crestliner out for some walleye fishing, I'm hoping we still have an over abundance of walleye in Willard Bay that need to be thinned out[crazy]
[signature]