Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FTF fishfinder setup
We just now are looking at Float Tube Fanatics fishfinder setup for our tubes, Thoughts please, any experiance with them? Whats the fishfinder preferance, Eagle, Garmin, Huminbird? Just your thoughts please. Thanks all
[signature]
I use a humminbird 565. My wife uses a humminbird fishing buddy 110 and I have an older fishing buddy 3 that my son uses.
[signature]
That is a very sweet and clean set up! A bit pricey, but they have covered all the bases.
That is kind of what I have done, except, I put my sonar in the side bag, but I use a nylon strap to put my transducer on.
The only concern I see with the Fanatic is getting the transducer out of the way when shallow or dry ground. You need to be able to move them up and down.
I mounted mine on an aluminum tube (because I also have a mount on my framed model that the tube slides in)
I can swing the transducer up and down.

It can be done for less, here are some shots of mine.
[Image: IMG_3601.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3582.jpg]

I used a RAM mount, but it can be done with PVC if you look at some of the mods people have done. As for the battery, you can pick up the small 12V many places. Battery stores, alarm stores...

Our preference for fish finders is definitely Hummingbird. I have the older 300 and hubby uses 700 series.
[signature]
[#0000FF]There are several Humminbird models that are ideal for tubers. Under $200, good quality, all the necessary bells and whistles, etc. We don't need a speedometer but having temperature readings and good bottom definition is a plus.

I agree with the goddess lady. Be sure your transducer can be rotated up out of the water for launching or beaching. A cracked transducer won't work...and a transducer for many models is almost as expensive to replace as buying a new unit.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I have a Eagle 480 fishmark. In all honesty I love this fish finder. It is a low end model but it is capable of incredible stuff.
I mostly use a pontoon right now but I can put it on both my pontoons and my float tube.

[Image: Skiboatmotor.jpg][/URL]

[Image: Ronstoon1.jpg]

It is on a removable unit that hooks up to a couple of my pontoons and like I said my float tube. I also have it mounted so I can hook it to my Sturgeon Wagon.

[Image: 8-19-12Secomdfishe.jpg]

But no matter what you mount it to or how it is mounted what matters is can it see fish? Here are a couple pictures I took of my screen when
sturgeon were on the finder.

[Image: 6-15-12C.jpg]

[Image: 7-29-12FISHFINDER2.jpg]

[Image: 7-29-12FISHFINDER1.jpg]

[Image: Sturgeon1.jpg]

When I see a signal like these I mark it with my hand held GPS and work the artea hard. Most of the time if I see one on the finder and that fish is on the bottom I normally can catch it. Ron
[signature]
[left]Hey Friends, this is Wade, the owner of FTF (Float Tube Fanatics). Thank you for your kind compliments on our products-- I sincerely and really appreciate it! We understand the view on pricing. The truth is: It's next to impossible to make stuff in North America for cheap these days, and yet still stay in business. We definitely aren't a Walmart supplier. Also, we don't want to compromise the quality of our product, and sacrifice quality for lower cost. We think this would be a disservice. That said we now do have a non-power integrated mount on our site that is cheaper, around the 50-60 mark. This would mean you would have to supply your own power solution, but you get all the other features such as our patent pending transducer solution (which by the way does tilt up out of the way when beaching your tube or toon, etc.), and a swivel platform to optimize viewing angle/position.
Our fish finder mounts / mounting systems are designed and made to last an entire fishing career really. So please, I invite you all to check out our site and even call me at our toll free number on our site if you want to chat more about fish finders and mounting solutions. All the best my friends-- and tight lines! Wade.
[/left]
[signature]
Thanks Wade. I admit, I probably spent just as much on my set up with the Ram mounts, the ram sonar mount, etc.
Truth be known, I saw your site several years AFTER I had built mine. I would have definitely been giving you a call.
Thanks for dropping in and hope you check back now and then.
[signature]
Thanks FlyGodess Smile We also have another website fishfindermounts .com . And one other thing to mention if you please: We do have a couple of fish finder mount models without integrated power/battery which still gives the user a great transducer and monitor mounting solution. These are within the $50-60 dollar range. The only catch is the user would need to source their own 12 volt battery (then perhaps storing the battery in the tube pocket). Catch you later[fishon]
[signature]
Keep up the great work. And let me know if you need testers, it would look great on my Assault, Renegade or X5....[Wink]
[signature]