Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Trout on the Jig and Sweet Underwater GoPRO Shots
I was up at Big Bear Lake the past weekend and it seems to be the tail end of the spawn. Things are kind of thinning out. Many people were fishing, but I didn't see many fish caught. I think I was having the best luck on mini jigs close to shore. Check out this Video Report and How to on Jig fishing I made from my day fishing. I got some nice underwater shots with lots of underwater footage. I'll Have to make another video because even caught some trout doing the spawning shake. Will post once I've gone through the hours of footage. Ended up landing 4 nice bows and losing a few more near shore. Wasn't too anxious to land them, I'm more into catching them on camera, haha.

I also had a slip bobber out with a night crawler for nothing all day. Quite strange since I usually do well this way.

Calicanuck.
[signature]
Nice. May I commend you not only on your fishing and videography skilz, but also on your fine editing. Thanks for taking the time to prep and share. Seen other vids that carry on and on showing lots of dead-time. But you piece together a nice clean show.

Dig that jig action. I was doing the exact same, but on a river for Browns today. Love that soft subtle tip action with a marabou, just enough bounce to make the fluff pop. Looks like fun, and some frisky fish. Those eggs dropping out sure cause a commotion!

I shared a link on the Utah board, cuz I know we've got a few video bloggers who might enjoy your camera work.

So this is the Big Bear out from LA area? Got folks in PaSadena, and we've been up there, but never had the opportunity to fish it. Looks like I'm missing out!

Thanks for taking the time to share.
Thanks a lot for your comments. I try to shave the videos down as much as possible to keep them interesting. I'm glad you noticed and enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing the link as well.

Yes this is the Big Bear Lake in southern california out of LA. It has great Rainbow Trout Fishing and there are a lot of fish two-three pounds and some larger. Great fishing all year long, they keep it stocked to the brim and they grown very fast.

I'll keep the videos coming, seems I enjoy capturing the footage more now than the actual fishing, haha!

Have a great day.
[signature]
Those are some really nice rainbows! I didn't know there was that good of trout fishing close to LA. When I lived there I didn't fish much, but I started fishing heavily back here in Utah.

We also have those spring spawning runs on our reservoirs. The rainbows usually concentrate around rocky steep shorelines, and the fishing is good for 15-20 inch rainbows. I use jigs too, mainly solid black marabou jigs. My casting technique is the same as yours, just casting out as far as I can over deep water and fishing it real slow. Most of the time they take the jig while it is falling in the water column. If fished slow enough, they will eat the jig. Fun stuff!
[signature]