Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST SECRET LAKE AND PROVO RIVER TRIP SO FAR!!!
While doing the great homework from high school I just had too get out and try my new fly reel that I got from Fly Goddess. Thank you very much for a second one[cool]. As well thanks tube dude for a great fly rod as well. Okay getting back on track. Went too my secret lake for some bluegill and bassy fun because I needed too know how my new reel that got no slack control what so ever. Caught about 60+ bluegills and 3 bass. All on a black ant, psychedelic prince nymph, and the great master ELK HAIR CADDIS.
[inline "5 lbs bass.JPG"]

[inline "Amazing provo river and secret lake 4 21 13 011.JPG"]

[inline "ELK HAIR CADDIS !!!.JPG"]

[inline "bassy caddis.JPG"]

[inline "This is how you hold a monster bass.JPG"]

After having fun catching all the small things. It was time too get some terrible sleep for the BIG trip. PROVO RIVER TOO IT'S BEST!!! I couldn't sleep what so ever woke up at 2:30 am with only 3-4 hrs of sleep. Looks like I had some nasty fishing dreams that woke me up. Got ready really slowly making sure I got everything too make this trip amazing. Left the house around 5am too pick up my buddy that didn't go fishing since last year Sadly. Got to his place then blasted off too lower provo first.

When we got too one the park with that small dam it was about 6:30 am and right in time for the beautiful sunrise.
[inline "Just being normal.JPG"]
I'm pretty sure this is my biggest catch on the lower provo all time. It was a new species that I didn't know if it was endangered or not so I looked it up and said only one that was swimming in the river [shocked] so I quickly released it. I think I should get a catch and release record for this 6'3" Chandler fish!!!.
[inline "biggest fish ever.JPG"]

All of the fish down there didn't want too play so we head to viva park after that and saw this massive, MASSSSSSSSSIVE blue wing olive hatch I've ever seen. It was so huge that the fish were scared of them and didn't hit on anything.
[inline "HOLLY ........ too many blue wing olives..JPG"]
I manage too catch at least $20+ in lures that made it a great stop at least. After not catching anything for 3 hrs. We screamed at the lower provo river and hit too her other sister. THE MIDDLE PROVO river that never disappointing me this year. I sorda over estimated how much water there was because spots that I could get too last month was OVER FLOWiNg. We manage too find a shore cut aka 15 minutes detour to the spot but when we got their the fish were jumping crazy and saying "Welcome back FLYFISHINGLOVER in a great full cheering pack." After listening them saying hi I told them him I'm going too slay you and just a matter of seconds on a black woolly bugger slammed my first rainbow of the day.
[inline "first fish of the day.JPG"]
[inline nummy.JPG]

After Catching and releasing about 3 rainbows my friend finally caught his first and then I caught my 4th one of the day so far.

[inline "Double fish babe!!!.JPG"]

[inline "First of many little friends.JPG"]

[inline "dead spawn colors.JPG"]
[inline "Jaws attacking my fishing buddy.JPG"]

Here is only of chandler small but fat bows.
[inline "chandler fat rainbow.JPG"]

After catching many bows I finally hooked my first hot fresh baked brownE. 17" brownerainbrown [angelic] Long but DANG SKINNY. It had a huge flab of skin [laugh]

[inline "Skinny 17 inch brown.JPG"]

[inline "BFT FFL 17 inch brownie.JPG"]

[inline "little brownie.JPG"]
[inline "BFT FFL 15 inch bow.JPG"]

It's great when a small rainbow spill out some wonderful white stuff [Wink].

[inline "jizzy spawner.JPG"]
This was one of the best Provo river trips I've ever had and even beat the brookie spot in the Uinta mountain surprisingly. I end up with 48 bows and 2 browniE and my buddy caught 35 bows. He told me that trip was just amazing and one of the best ones he had so far. It was great too hear that I made one of my friends really grateful that he came with me.
[signature]
Great Job looks like you had a blast Congratz,

One questions whats Chandler fish ?
[signature]
Thanks [Wink]

See that small hook on the sweater hoodie picture that's what a chandler fish is [laugh]. If you understand what I mean now.[Tongue]
[signature]
Nice work! Looks like the charlston area?
[signature]
I'm still scratching my head on the "brownerainbrown"

so - we hotspotting? Those look like bait not bass!

Suggestion - if you didn't ANNOUNCE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS THAT IT'S A SECRET LAKE - it'd probably help avoid folks itching desire to figure out where it is.

One other - you can go "to" the lake, or you can go to the lake, "too". But you don't go "too" the lake, also.
[quote CoyoteSpinner]I'm still scratching my head on the "brownerainbrown"

so - we hotspotting? Those look like bait not bass!

Suggestion - if you didn't ANNOUNCE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS THAT IT'S A SECRET LAKE - it'd probably help avoid folks itching desire to figure out where it is.

One other - you can go "to" the lake, or you can go to the lake, "too". But you don't go "too" the lake, also.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he's paraphrasing "Hank Patterson". Google Hank's videos. They are very funny.

Also, you would probably enjoy more fishing posts if you read them in context as opposed to diagramming the sentences. That's how I read them. Give the kid a break.
[signature]
Ok, so this Hank guy is like the Bill Dance of the fly-fishing world, eh? Snap and skate. Yo.

Sorry- I didn't have my babblefish in I guess. I know, I shouldn't play gramma police...

But I thought all fly fisherman and women were deadly serious? Jimmy Kimmel could enjoy some of his "unnecessary censorship" - I mean .89c! Dammit!

I actually caught the tail end of River Runs through it last night. Can't wait to chase a fish down the rapids myself! And on top of it, Pitt keeps his hat on! Very Jones of him!