Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winterizing
Took the Crestliner to the Stein yesterday to run stabilizer through it so I can put her to bed for the winter. Took K2 and his little friend and brought a couple rods just in case. Well, I absolutely slayed the toad largemouths. A crayfish pattern crank was killing the big ones. Too much fun this late in the year. K2 had a huge bow swipe his crankbait right at the boat, but he farmed it. The lads ended up skunked, and boy is K2 pissed at me. We used the same rigs, but it was my day. Many 3 plus mamas. It was a wonderful day on the water. Life is good. Tried to take digital pics, but the camera crapped out again. Never buy a Reefmaster Camera. All greenies released to be stuck another day. Later.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
[cool]Great report, Special K. Hope you tucked your baby in snug for the winter. But, I'll bet the remembery of those largies starts workin' on ya while there is still open water.

Have you ever molested many largies through the ice over there? I have taken some from Pelican, and have heard that if you can find 'em you can catch 'em on your pond...along with some good winter browns. Any truth to that rumor?

And, I don't wanna hear any stories about pitchin' jigs into drilled ice holes.
[signature]
Did you ever finish telling us the moose hunting story? I wanted to hear how that ended.
[signature]
Sounds like a very good day on the pond! Congrats.

Tell us the "rest of the story" on your mighty moose hunt!
[signature]