Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck Valley
Fishing is very good at Mountain View Reservoir right now. I went down yesterday and pretty much caught fish all day long, mainly casting spinners. For the first time in about 15 years, I never made it down to Duck Valley in 2012, primarily because the drive to Magic is about the same distance from my house and the fishing was so good last year that I didn't see the sense in paying for a permit to basically get the same kind of experience, I've been to Magic twice this year and so far, it's been kind of disappointing to say the least. The draw down at Magic for dam repairs seems to have put a sizeable dent in the overall fish population, hopefully the fishing will improve as the reservoir is eventually restored to it's more natural pool by the runoff.

With the new tribal permit fee structure, you have more choices as far as destinations within the reservation than what were offered in the past. I didn't make it over to either Billy Shaw or Sheep Creek yesterday but if the fishing at Mountain View is any indication, it's going to be an excellent spring fishery at Duck Valley this year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, that is nice healthy fish. I'm embarrassed to say I've never fished any of those lakes on the rez but have driven further to fish inferior water so thanks for the reminder that I am a knucklehead who should get my butt down there. It will be interesting to see the impact on the draw down on Magic but if the dam needs repairing, it should be beneficial to the fishery in the long run.
[signature]
Great report and fish. Nice to hear some news from some different waters.

I've never fished there, but it is looking like a good possibility for that area. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]