Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake this afternoon
My friend Gus and I hit the Lake about 4 pm starting out in Provo Bay and ending up at Lincoln beach. We found the fish on the south shore just before dark in about a foot of water.
[signature]
Nice dude. Great photography on the spary shot. Looks like you were right about the whiskers at UL. So when you leaving town? Hope to hit UL with ya before that happens!

P.S. Peg any carp?
[signature]
Ive got to head back to Moab today but should be back thursday night. The water was really murky so I just shot one carp for bait then gave up. I might sneak away today for a few minutes but next weekend Ill be out there for sure.
[signature]
Utmud,
I was in that same area with my crew earlier in the day and we did well there too. We started out deeper, around 4-5 feet and it was rather slow. Decided to get some fresh carp meat for bait so moved in among the reeds. Spotted a nice carp cluster and I had one of my gkids drop a crawler right on top of them -- 5 seconds and bang, fish on but it was not a carp... a nice 20 plus cat. We were in not much more than a foot of water. I had to lift my outboard and worm in there with the electric. The temp difference between deeper water and the reed shallows was only about one degree. I think the cats are getting ready for love and they seem to like it in warm places

As the weather continues to warm it should keep getting better and better. Can't wait.

Good luck to you and all other southerners.[Wink]..
[signature]
i really like the last photo. good work.
[signature]