Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 fish day on the weber
so last week i was thinking do i take the tube out or go hit the weber. i was going on sat. well sat came and i was up at 4am. still thinking witch one i wanted to do. well, i didnt get to inflate my tube (i like to inflate it 3 days before use to make sure of no holes are in it) so i went to the weber. got there at 7am. got out of the truck and a bald eagle was there watching me. beautiful bird to see. started fishing my first spot and a great start. by 730 i already had 10. 7 browns and 3 whites. nothing big but a nice 17" white. started working my way upstream. i got about 4 or 5 more till my next spot. the fish today were hungry. i got another 14 or 15 in this hole. the fish were 14"to 17" all browns no whites from this hole. by 930 i was already up past 25 and was feeling great.after about 45 min in that hole i moved on.now this is where my day started to slow down. from there till i turned around i only got about another 10.my planwas to fish to a spot that i fished before that was one fire last time but it wasnt today. only 1 out of that sot. here it was about 12 and i started working my way back when i hit this one hole that was on fire. i pulled out 20 in this spot. i was getting a fish almost every 5 cast. most fish were from 15" to 18" with a few 12" to 14". all browns but 4 where whities. i just couldnt keep them off and i was loving it.after an hr in that hole i moved on. from there to my next spot i picked up another 4. then i hit this one hole that was great. i was looking at it and said i just knew something big was in there.and i was right my second fish was big. i saw it jump in the air and i was excited. but when i got off the rock i was on the water turned black and i said thats not good. and it was not good. lost that fish. i keeped fishing this spot and after 3 more fish it was on again.that fish was back.i was determend not to lose it. i ended up chasing it down stream about a half a city block and landed it. a beautiful 20". took a picof it and went back to that spot. and startedfishing it again. after about 5 mins there i looked for my phone to check the time and thats when my day went to hell. my phone was gone. i went back to where i landed that fish to look for it but no luck it was gone. i looked for about 2 hrs in a spot that was only about 20 yards long with no luck. crap it must have fell out in the water i guess. after that i decided to call it a day. a great great day till i lost my phone. best time on that river since last november.fly of the day was a a green caddis with a sow bug dropper.
[signature]
WOW, very nice. I fished the Weber Saturday too but did not have the kind of luck you were having. The water was really dirty and about ever second cast I would have to clean moss of my hooks (nymphs). May I ask, were you above Echo? I was below, in the canyon between Henniffer and Morgan.
[signature]
i fished the wanship area. water wasnt that bad. i havent fished down there yet but i am plannung on hitting it this yr some time
[signature]
I have not fished up that far yet, Croyden is about as far up as I have gone so far. I'm kind of new to fly fishing, only been doing it about a year. Is access to the river in Wanship difficult? I was under the impression that there is a lot of private property in that area.
[signature]
No. its has great access and not so much private property. its more between wanship and coalville were there is private property.i fish this area all the time and it holds some beast.i would recommend hitting it real soon as the fishing is really hot right now
[signature]
[quote southernbass]

No. its has great access and not so much private property. its more between wanship and coalville were there is private property.i fish this area all the time and it holds some beast.i would recommend hitting it real soon as the fishing is really hot right now

[/quote]

Any olives coming off in that stretch?
[signature]
im not sure.lots of caddis are thouh
[signature]
+1 pretty good amount of caddis right now, olives on that stretch are there just not that many serious hatches lately that ive seen to get em going.
[signature]
[quote Jazzperch1]

+1 pretty good amount of caddis right now, olives on that stretch are there just not that many serious hatches lately that ive seen to get em going.

[/quote]

That's interesting because the Baetis have been crazy blizzard hatches on the lower Provo River for the past month+, and I would have thought that the middle Provo and Weber would be dripping with them by now.
[signature]
http://wildlife.utah.gov/walkinaccess/pr..._index.php
Check this page out for private land open to the public for fishing & hunting. There are some on different sections of the weber. Have fun.
[signature]