Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Walleye
New to the area and live in the Saratoga Springs subdivision. Can anyone give me any advice on how to catch Walleye in UL? I've only caught one in my life and that was last weekend at Powell. I'm a Bass and saltwater fishermen at heart, but like to catch anything that will bite. I'm only in the state until January but do have my bass boat with me.

So far I have been able to find the white bass for the kids and a few black bass.

Any info to help a short-term resident would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
just cast grubs around Lincoln beach until your arm falls off and you might just luck into one. Ive also caught them on shallow cranks and rapalas . Ive caught them in mud lake too which is provo bay area of UL. The spawn is over now so it might be a good time to find them. They are supposed to be hungry after they spawn.
[signature]
They're hungry right after the spawn, but that is over too. Many were done early at April 1 this year and boy the empty hens were hungry for sure. Who knows where they went now. If you have a boat try the outside edge of the phrag. I heard of some being found like that in years past but don't got no boat so it's all yours,
[signature]
Can't help you with Walleye - I'm a novice.

But bottom bouncers, worm-harness spinners. As things warm up they'll hit cranks and divers. Good ol Curly Tail jigs tipped with Crawler - can't be beat!
Side planers let you cover water your boat hasn't. In shallows - that can be a good thing.

Help me out - what's a Black Bass?
I know of the Whities, and Large-Smallmouth - but thought that's all we've got around these parts. No Peacocks to show.
As per dictionary.com balck bass is defined below,
"Any of several North American freshwater game fishes of the genus Micropterus, such as the largemouth, spotted and smallmouth bass."

Where I'm from (Louisiana) we just use the term just for largemouth bass.

Thanks for the info.
[signature]
A bucket mouth
[signature]