Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Adams Reservoir results
Im heading up there tomorrow to test out my new Ocean Kayak. I am hoping to have mother nature on my side. Hopefully I can find the bass up there.
[signature]
I fished that lake last fall from shore, it is the largest community pond I fished last year and if you have a kayak, I'm sure you will do better than I did. Not much shore access there but lots of flooded brush. Hope you do well, looks like the weather is good. Please let us know how you do.
[signature]
I got on the water at 6:50. Temp was 53° and water was glassy but no temp on that. Ended up fishing the south east corner and along the south side. Burned 1/4oz rat-l-traps and had bows smacking them all day ended up keeping 2 and catching 8 missing many. All we measured from 18" to 20"
[signature]
Nice, thanks for the report and pics. Do you know if small boats(12ft) and gas motors are allowed on that pond? Maybe after the water warm the bass fishing will turn on.
[signature]
no motorized water Craft allowed. must have a walk in pass off the DWR website.
[signature]
Walk in Pass? I've never heard of that, is it something new? Is that to fish or to fish from a boat without a motor?
[signature]
The walk-in access pass is for private property like hobbs reservoir and Andy Adams. Its in the fishing section at the bottom of the drop down menu.
[signature]
It depends on where you access. I was there earlier this evening around sunset and used both points.

There is a drive in entrance and parking area in the northeast corner of the reservoir. no pass needed.

There is a dike on the west side with an entrance that requires a walk in pass and must park in front of someones house. I've never only been there twice and never looked into actually getting the pass. tons of mosquitoes on the dike side.
[signature]
Speaking of Adams and Holmes next door, anyone catch bass at either place lately?

It's pretty close to my house and I've been to holmes a number of times since its thawed and haven't had a bass yet. no bites even. Tried jigs, plastics, jerkbaits all very slowly, and everything else. I did well there last summer and fall, im stumped. Hopefully its just not quite warm enough yet?
[signature]
I just launched a kayak out on Andy Adams last weekend and caught a Largemouth bass. He was in the timber surprise, surprise! I also got bumped another time, but missed him. The were hitting a small green pumpkin football jig. I put together a write up about it on my blog if you want more info.

Totally aweseome place. Give it another year and I'm sure it will be epic!
[signature]