Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH CONTEST 2013: FishMcFisherson
==May 4th 2013, Utah Lake, 28 inches. 29 and a half if you count the whiskers [Image: happy.gif]

[#005000]Pretty dark night. Your cat has Walleye Eyes![/#005000]
[#005000]No whiskers - we'll go with the . . . [/#005000]
[#005000]28 pts. That's a phat cat![/#005000]
22 and a half inches. 21 inches. Both at Utah Lake 6/1/13.

[#500000]
well done, some nice cats
21pts
22pts[/#500000]
6/8/13 Utah Lake 23.5 inches.

[#005000]
that'll do FMF - that'll do.
Sorry I missed your other two when I graphed up. I'll include your upgrade.

she's got fat lips!
[/#005000]
Nice man. My largest so far is only 22", but next weekend hopefully I'll do some damage @ the Jordan River. North is averaging 26" a cat, we're right behind with 24" a cat - need to do some catching up!
[signature]
Amen. I'd be happy to join you on the Jordan one of these days. I haven't fished it much, but I feel like I need to take advantage seeing as how I live In West Valley.
[signature]
Sounds good to me man. I know a few good spots down here in the Saratoga Springs/Lehi area (shore-fishing). The bite has been the best for me from 10pm - 2am, have lost a few BIG cats and have landed 24-26" ones.

I'm also curious to know how it is above Thanksgiving Point. According to the biologist over the Jordan river - Channel cats are more abundant above "The Narrows" (Thanksgiving point) http://jordanrivercommission.com/wp-cont...r-2011.pdf
[signature]
OK I lied, spoke with the biologist over Utah county fisheries and it looks like "above the narrows" is upriver (south) between Utah Lake and Thanksgiving point. But he said you'd find more Brown Trout the farther north you go - more cold springs. Anyways...
[signature]
6/13/13 Jordan River 26 inches.

[#385000]Chunky girth on that mama!
26 pts
[/#385000]
Another 26 incher. 7/1 Utah Lake.

[#005000]Nice going. 26 pnts[/#005000]
8/25/13, Utah Lake, 30 inches. [Smile]

[#005000]Congrats, well done. Welcome to the 30 club! Girthy mug!
30 pts
[/#005000]
Congrats on joining the 30" club! I'm actually surprised it was only 30" with the size of it's girth, that thing was easily 12 lbs.
[signature]
Purty!! A few more like that and we will be giving those up-north guys a real run for their money!

September comin', cooler weather, bigger cats. Still workin' on a good night session with you and UTC if you're up to it. I have been out for one night session and did not do well at all. That will change. Last time out (last Fri. morning) I couldn't get a bite?!? Maybe the weather is to blame....?

Anyways, great fish!!
BLK
[signature]
It was definitely slower for us on Saturday morning, I got the skunk and Mcfisherson caught much less than the former weekend, but also had larger ones. He caught the 2 largest ones around 10:30am, which was quite a surprise as that's usually when it slows down. My my guess is the cold front made the younger cats more reluctant to bite (dunno why?), but the larger ones weren't phased by it. I've seen good and bad days when its overcast, but mostly bad. Looks like Tubedude has a similar assessment.

Heading out on the boat would be a lot of fun, but no pressure. Whether we caught much or not, we'd enjoy the company. We need utmuddguy to enroll in the contest, he goes out every week and does really well. Do you ever see him?
[signature]
Yeah, surprisingly she wasn't super ugly. Usually those bigger ones start looking like mutants. [Image: happy.gif]

A night trip would be fantastic. Just let me know when you're willing to take us out and I should be there.
[signature]
Thanks man. [Smile]

It was a nice surprise after the slow morning.
[signature]