Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview reports?
Anyone been fishing pineview lately? Planning on heading up there for the first time on tuesday.
[signature]
The warrior princess and I hit it on Thursday. Almost a skunk. We fished the swim beach on the east end spottingg sporadic crappie on the screen. All were 7 to 10' and had sever lockjaw. We had the cold front hit about 10:30 and wind was an issue. Tried a green spinnerbaits in several area for smallmouth or Muskie nada. My partner pounded the bottom with jigs same result. I had resigned myself to a skunk and tied up at the dock to Get the truck. On the way down I could see her jigging away. Under the docks was loaded with perch. Even though you are not supposed to fish she pulled in one perch and I another. Having avoided the skunk we retreated to the shooting star saloon for a starburger. Water temp was 65 to 66. Fished 1 fow to 25. Used standard jigs with and without bobbers. Long lined jointed sr5 perch color and an orange craw dad. Jigs were 1/16 Wally World, lemon mirangue, southern hustlers in sparkle green and red. Good Luck.
[signature]
Crappies are stacked in the back bays, watched a husband and wife slaying them... also lots of 3-4" crappie floating on top of the water. DEAD OR FLOPPING
[signature]
What is the water level at? Curious as to know why the crappie were flopping on top though....[Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
A buddy and I got into the crappie pretty good on Wednesday in spring creek bay. The storms may have changed the dynamic though.

Jighead tipped with a bit of worm about 2.5 ft under a bobber.
[signature]
Lake is well... LOW LOW LOW... spring creek and middle inlet will be good fishin
[signature]
Thanks, I was wondering about that.
[signature]
[quote Wildcat94]Lake is well... LOW LOW LOW... [/quote]

LOL that reminds me of that hip hop song ......so did that fat smallmouth give her big booty a slap? LMAO On the "flo" of your boat haha.
[signature]
funny thing, I did boat a 4.5# smallie
[signature]
We caught a smb a week ago that was 5.3
[signature]
I saw some hogs yesterday! I just hope fellow anglers are releasing these fish while they are doing their spawn thingy and gettin busy makin more smallies
[signature]
Thanks for the input guys heading up I the morning for a few hours any tips on what area to fish?
And where is the best place to a boat in at?
[signature]
My buddy fished it this aftetnoon and slayed the crappie, catching grundles only keeping 8 thpugh.. hit middle inlet they are there
[signature]
Don't plan on keeping any but where is the middle inlet at is that the north east shore I'm guessing and fthanks for all the help and what would be the best place to launch a boat
[signature]
Middle inlet is the farthest East shoreline I would launch from the port ramp and head straight east... small jigs under a bobber tipped with a waxie will do work
[signature]
Got out on the water this morning a little late and ended up fishing till about 2, now wind water was glass all day, got on water around 10 and forgot the worms, threw everything I had at em and got no bites, saw tons of carp jumping but they wouldnt take flies or anything else, tried just about everything with no bites fished the east shore the west shore and the north shore. Fished mostly with buggers on the fly rod and spinners and jerk baits on the spinning gear. Lady at the ramps said they saw a bunch of muskie in the shallows but I got no takers on the big flies. Still a great day to get out on the water.
[signature]
I was skunked at PV today as well. [frown]

Fished by the dam and the south side of cemetery point.
[signature]
Yeah it was pretty rough the water sure was nice though! Glass all day! The only thing I caught was a sunburn[bobhappy]
[signature]
Today I finally found a couple of fish. A couple of 15" SMs sitting on their beds. The only 2 I've seen anywhere. I put them both back to finish their business.
[signature]
fished it yesterday and got into a few crappie but they were all small. also schools of dink perch too around there, one 15 inch smallie and then I stuck a couple carp on the fly rod since they were rollin in the shallows like crazy. saw a ton of muskys cruising around the perch schools right on the surface though, pretty cool stuff.
[signature]