Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should I go?
I got the day off tomorrow and was planning on hitting the Gorge, but the weather report has left me a little skiddish...

So, I simply can't waste this golden day and not fish, right? The only problem is, I don't know where I want to go. I have a four hour radius of travel, so my options are many -- but I'm just too excited and suck at picking a spot. (inevitable skunk) Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I will be in my pontoon boat with a motor. I prefere warm water species at the moment, but would never turn down a hungry trout.

I've also got a spot available in my Chick-Slaying Prius if anyone wants to tag along.
[signature]
[left]What time do you plan on going out at?
[/left]
[signature]
Go to Pineview and try for some crappie. The DWR site says they're biting in the shallows. Jig under a bobber.
[signature]
East Canyon in the eastern most cove where the stop sign is. SLAY FEST on SMB. Green pumpkin, pumpkinseed, brown and black tubes all working tremendously. Caught 31 yesterday in 6 hours roughly, 15 today in the boat while battling the wind all day.
[signature]
[quote YoungFish]
[left]What time do you plan on going out at?
[/left]
[/quote]

Depends on where I go, but I want to be on the water at the crack of first light. (which means, usually, 9am or so -- good intentions, you know...)
[signature]