Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo boat caution
Forgot to post this last week... When I pulled back into the ramp on the evening of the 11th I noticed one of those several ton blocks of cement used for anchoring the docks in the water with nothing tied to it (4 foot by 4 foot or bigger) near the last corner of docks going in or first row of docks heading out (where the refueling dock is or whatever is in that spot now) that you have to go by to get to/exit the ramp. If the lakes goes down much more at all and that thing isn't moved someone will get a highly unpleasant lower end supprise heading out before the sun is up and you can see! It is more or less dead center of the area everyone travels to get around that corner going in/out.
[signature]
Hello all Im a new member but have been checking out the forums for a while. I was at echo this weekend and they put a bouy on that anchor block. Its only 5 feet deep there but if u go slow and go outside the bouy by 8-10 feet you will be ok.
[signature]
Hello S&S, and welcome to BFT. Thank you for the update and for joining. Any luck out of echo?

Thanks for bringing this up, wolfs.
[signature]
Yeah, we saw those when we went through last Sunday. There are two of them just far enough apart to fit a small boat through right at the most narrow part of the marina.

I don't remember which spot it was, but the blocks are in one of the two spots I circled.
[inline "echo marina.jpg"]

Be careful out there- Like Wolfs said, those blocks will blow your lower unit faster than a Pahrump H......... Just Kidding.
[signature]
Yes Erawk we had a pretty good day but I didnt want to hijack this thread... hahaha

We got about 15 dinks trolling rattle traps and storm swim shad and like I said Ive been lurking here for a while and decided to put some effort into bass fishing which Im new at. I got two little smallies to eat a lil green crankbait back in a few coves. they were both with bigger females but they would only chase not eat. My buddy was so intent on hooking the bigger fish we trolling motored around the one set for an hour before giving up...

Ive been fishing mead my whole life but for the last 3 years Ive been hooked on the river... I know from some old posts that alot of you guys dont seem to like Allan Cole or his lures but I have had alot of real success using them down at willow and am an avid A.C. fisherman and will swear to their effectivness. It took about 10 trips to learn how to use them and where to fish them but in the last year and a half have put alot of 20+ lb fish in the boat with not much success with other swimbaits.

I am really starting to get into the larry and sally scene tho and will try and split my time between hunting trophys on the river and chasing bass at mead and mohave.

Good luck to you all!!!
[signature]