Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay North Side?
Hey I seen boats on the north side of Willard Bay last night. Did they lift the ban on running boats over around the north marina? Any word on when they are expecting the north marina to be open? Thanks J
[signature]
no we just floated over there
[signature]
Okay so the no boating zone is still in affect? Thanks J
[signature]
The DNR have their boats in there and they are allowed to use the North marina but no one else. We talked to a DNR guy last week and he made it sound like we will be really lucky if they open the North marina in June. The good news is they have finally started getting things up and running in the South marina. They finally pulled the docks out into deeper water and the cleaning station is open[Smile].
[signature]
Hey thanks for the update. How much of the bay is off limits to boats now? I like to fish the north and east sides so I'm wondering when I can fish that area. I'd like to give it a try soon, but if I can't fish where I like I might have to go somewhere else. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
The bouy line starts at the North end of Freeway bay, by the trees and goes to the North dike, about 1/4 mile West of the outlet. So the North East corner is totally off limit.
[signature]
That's not too bad, I heard it was half the pond. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
Yea, when they first put up the signs that is exactly what they said, the Northern half of the lake is closed. I pointed that out to the DNR guy last week and I noticed the sign has been changed.
[signature]
thanks for the updates Curt. Did I hear in the news that the gas company is going to abandon their pipeline down there?

Heya J - gonna go bounce the bottoms down that-a ways, eh? Any idea when they plan to put in the docks along Cutler/Bear? I'm almost guessing this weekend might be the magic date. Would be glad if they could patch the fire-holes, and then slap the a-holes that think it's a bright idea to light a fire on a plastic dock! Good word - what kind of shallow end of the gene pool does it take to think THAT's a good idea!

Sounding like Newton is likely to have a short ski season this year. Starting out low, and going nowhere's but down down down.
Wonder how much Porcupine has come up, if at all!
Thanks Curt, good info... J
[signature]
Hey Yote, I'm starting to dream of a Willard trip if I could catch up a little... Got to get the grain sprayed and garden in and a little work on a couple side efforts, but hopefully I can sneak out for a few sometime... I keep hearing local stories that may keep me around home if I do go, but I sure love Willard this time of year... Don't know the P&L's schedule on the docks, I will run down this morning and see if they have done anything yet and let ya know if they are in... Sorry I missed the flotilla, just got so busy trying to get things done, I haven't had time for fishing... Farming and Fishing don't mix well for me in the summer... Catch ya later... J
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]thanks for the updates Curt. Did I hear in the news that the gas company is going to abandon their pipeline down there?
[/quote]
That is what they should do but I heard they sold it to another gas company.
[signature]
not summer yet, still spring. Have you missed all the rains?

The floatilla didn't happen yet. Various delays, not to mention the rain. So check you calendars, lets see what lays ahead. Maybe by then I'll be floating the new boat. Sounds like a morning and on would be better than a night/overnight outing.

I did have some fun running up river, and hope to do that again. Big weekend ahead, hope to spend some time on the water.

If you do a Willard run, shoot me a note. I'd like to give it a try. Glutton for punishment and all! With any luck I can show myself I DID learn some new tricks from the old dawgs...likely dabble with Cutler, Newton, or Mantua over this "long weekend" that is sure to seem way short - all said and done!
Yote I forgot to tell ya the docks are in and floating at the marina. Lots of folks out on the pond today. Sure made me jealous as I putted around on the tractor. I guess I'm helping my wife tame our wild outdoors tomorrow and getting the garden in finally. But if all goes well I hope to sneak in a few casts on cutler. Just don't have time to make the trip over the mountain unless I can spend 4 to 5 hours. Plus I'd like to try the cats while I know where to find them. I hope I can make the flotilla 2. I'm hoping to catch up a little on the farm soon, so it is a possibility. Well I'll keep my eye out for ya tomorrow. Good luck. J
[signature]