Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campgrounds in the uintas
Ok those of you who went to the Unitas last weekend, what campgrounds are open? I am thinking of taking my son up in two weeks for a quick overnighter. I am looking at one of the following campgrounds. Lilly lake, lost lake, Christmas meadows, trial, or Washington. Thanks
[signature]
I want to know this as well, but more for the Uinta's, not sure about Uintad[crazy][Smile] Do they have pulbic cutthroat...LOL Sorry couldn't help myself. Just teasing you guys, but I am interested in the Uinta Camping, even lake situations.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ost=823632
[signature]
There I fixed it.[Tongue]
[signature]
anything above provo falls was closed still. didnt make it down the other side. i was up there 05-30. i have pictures of the area if you wanna see. let me know
[signature]
Sure, I like pics.[Smile]. They will give me an idea of about how long it may be. Thanks for your help.
[signature]
The snow is going fast. In 2 weeks everything will be open unless they are making repairs.
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
I was just there last night and camped just off the road past Provo river falls. Snow is melting fast. I hit up lost lake this morning, there was a thin layer of ice covering a lot in the morning but melted once the sun came up. Fished for about 2 hours and pulled in 5 rainbow
[signature]
Awesome, thanks for the report.
[signature]
We shall see what you say about my trips when they start emmmmmmm maybe next week or in 2 weeks ha ha ha. I need to go back to my hidden tiger and brookie spots...

I was really itching to go back up there this week until I saw 4"+ of new snow that could of delayed a few hiking spots
[signature]
your lake is completely ice free eric.
[signature]
I know that part but I'm still worried that a few hiking trails that I go to are still snowed in.
[signature]
Went up to trial, crystal, and Washington lakes today. The campgrounds up that high were still closed but all the lower ones looked open. Fishing was fast for small rainbows, tigers and a few grayling. Too much snow to hike to my favorite lakes. Snow drifts up to four ft. Still had a fun day alone up there.
[Image: null_zps48f5f1dc.jpg]

[Image: null_zps45be4856.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks![cool]
[signature]
I hope all of the snow melts really soon. I need to go one some nice hiking grounds soon or I might just pass out soon. [mad]
[signature]
If you're in need of hiking head to boulder mountain, they should be open.
[signature]
That's one of the nicer Grayling I've seen pulled from the Uintas. Well done sir.
[signature]
Ha ha ha a teen like me totally got $100+ in my pocket just sitting. If I had money I would love to go to the boulder mountains especially a few lakes in my mind from a buddy of mine told me good things about but it wont just happen. Unless if you would like to donate a large amount of money into my pay pal account for my 18 birthday [angelic].
[signature]
Ha ha!
[signature]
A trip down to the boulder mountains would be an amazing birthday and graduation present. If I had the money I'd stay down there from the 28-july 4th. Those were my original plans for my b day. Maybe I shall wait and see how much money I got before the trip and maybe just maybe this trip will come true or maybe someone special will join the help FFL boulder mountain trip fundraiser. [Wink]
[signature]