Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baitcast reel repair
Where do you go to get your baitcaster reels repaired? I've got a Quantum that needs some gear work. I don't think that squeal noise is a good thing...
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi Marty![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sportsman's can repair a lot of reels. You can also send them back for factory repair. I find a lot of times by sending them back to the factory, You end up only paying shipping and the repairs are done for free. I know Abu Garcia is this way. I'm not sure about Quantums though.[/size][/font]
[signature]
maybe it needs a good washing out and re-oiling
[signature]
Earl Parked (he repaired reels at Angler's Inn in Sugarhouse until it folded) is repairing reels out of his home. Home 466-7517 mobile 455-5872
[signature]
Thanks, Kent, for the phone number. This Quantum reel, the Accurist, has given me problems from the get go. It never did seem to cast just right so I took it apart and found some of the cogs on one of the plastic gears were out of shape. I called Quantum because the reel is guaranteed for a year, but because I didn't save my receipt (I had it somewhere, I just couldn't find it) they would not do any warranty work on it. The customer service lady was having a bad day cuz she seemed ticked off that I would even ask for their help. Needless to say, no more Quantum products for me. I even wonder if the reel is worth fixing. I'll give Earl a call. Thanks again.
DAMM NICE BASS !!!!!!
[signature]