Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salt Creek
Has anybody been up to Salt Creek up by Nephi? Im taking the longer way home from Payson Lakes tomorrow and just go through the Nebo Loop and want to throw some flies on that creek.
[signature]
Its flowing a little fast but still fishable
[signature]
How was Payson Lakes?
[signature]
I don't know bro...you tell me! [Tongue] Going tomorrow man I'll post a report tomorrow.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Mr.Pike. Did you fish it or just drove by it?
[signature]
Haha, no clue. I haven't fished there in 5+ years. Always caught fish off the west side of the lake with power bait though. Never had a chance to float the lake, but I'm hoping to get up there this summer with the tube. Real pretty area.
[signature]
I've really only floated on it with my tube. I always do really good with an intermediate sinking line or a floating line with a couple of bb sized split shots 12" abover the fly. I usually use different variations of wooly buggers and an assortment or streamers. If they're rising I use adams or renegades.
[signature]
Fished it. Its tough to fly fish, lots of over growth... needs to be trimmed.
[signature]
Yeah I seen it today. Whats up woth the regestration thing at the walk in points?
[signature]
Landowners getting $$$ from DWR (our tax dollars) to allow trespass to fish public waters. Cool huh!
[signature]
Well we can thank your Governor for that, and I'm sure the Utah Legislature had a hand in it to. [pirate]
[signature]
Well if you're walking across someone's land to fish without permission it's always been trespassing. I wouldn't confuse this with the other stream access issues.
[signature]
Ya, the ground has never been posted, still is not posted, but now the DWR has gone thru the expense of placing a couple of signs and a fancy sign-in box to fish the worst section of the creek? And pays the landowner to walk across 60 feet of ground to access the stream? That makes total sense to me.
[signature]
I moved to delta last year and have learned to really enjoy the stream. I have pulled a few nice fish out of this small little stream. I think the best spots are by that camping area
[signature]