Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/2/13
hit willard Sunday for my first bout of serious fishing for the year. Between new Sod and redoing my landscaping my outings have really suffered this year. The fish seem to be pretty scattered. It was fun watching the wipers under the surface. In fact, most of my wipers came from about 2 ft under the surface. Shallow shad raps 20 ft behind a board was the ticket. I found some walleye bottom bouncing in about 8ft of water. The walleye came on kct walleye series silver and blue spinners at 1.1mph. I wound up with 6 wipers and 9 walleye. My friends wet1 and Chad miller were out there too, they did well also. Nothing fast and furious but enough fish to make it fun. A couple of the walleye were 10-11 inches, sure is nice to see the next age class coming up.... [fishon]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad you escaped your yard prison and got back on the water. Also glad you found some fish.

Water temps?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
68 when I got off the lake. For being a nice weekend day the lake wasn't very busy. Looks like the spill has some good side effects. [Wink] definite thermal cline at about 10 ft. There's still some cool water in there.
[signature]
[#0000FF]That's cool.

Thanks.

Codgertatin' on tubicatin' that pond again. Hope all those hungry walleyes don't gang up on me and pull me under.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Not sure about anyone else but I haven't seen any kitties this year, you should come out and prove they still exist......
[signature]
[#0000FF]It's been going downhill for cats for 3 years. Each year gets worse. In times past I would catch 15 or 20 mostly while fishing for other species. Last year I could never manage more than about 3 or 4 per trip, even when I targeted them. And my "never fail" spots failed me more than once.

I have heard reports of some being caught...and a couple of good sized ones...but they are certainly not as thick as they used to was. The walleyes must be eating them.

I'll try dragging a minnow around up there tomorrow morning and see if I get any favorable meows.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]