Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass bonanza at PV
My daughter convinced me to take her fishing today at pineview. I said why not since she is having her tonsils out tomorrow. We got there early and started casting for the crappie and perch but no takers. The only crappie we saw was a small one floundering on the surface that became breakfast for a seagull. We moved around the lake to different access points and then found a prime spot. Saw some fish hanging around in about three to four feet of water and started to cast to them. They followed and then I figured lets try a crank bait. Firetiger, and wham it was mama bass. After I released it unharmed I switched to my fly rod and had several hookups on a clouser. Only problem the bass got camera shy and all did quick releases as I attempted to land them. Oh well it was fun catching them on the fly anyway. Maybe next time. Now I gotta go tie up some more clousers. [Smile] Here are a couple of pics. The second pic is what you get when you hand a 10 year old the camera.[crazy]
[signature]
How about a picture of the clouser? I'm going on a trip to the honey hole and I hear clousers are the hot ticket so I might bring the fly rod for some action...I know little of fly fishing.
[signature]
Ok here's three. I tied these up about three weeks ago.
[signature]
Hey Kevin, can I get directions to the pulloffs you went to? I don't know pineview very well. I only know how to get to cemetery point.
[signature]
Pm sent. Spencer when I get the boat up and running I will have to take you out.[cool]
[signature]
That sounds fun. Where were you thinking of going?
[signature]
Don't know yet, boat is still in dry dock getting small repairs done. It is still several weeks out. I usually only get one day a week to work on it.[crazy]
[signature]
Let me know if you need any help with it.
[signature]
Thanks, you're welcome to help. It has been in the water for 7 years. Currently I am doing some much needed work on the trailer so it can be towed safely. Motors look clean, just missing the drain plugs for the gear boxes. [crazy]. Hopefully they will start when I can locate the plugs.
[signature]
Haven't been back to PV since. Try looking for rocky areas, they like that for cover.
[signature]