Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iceberg right ahead!!!!!
Took the toon up to Causey for one last act of defiance before the ice sets in. It was a cold morning, only 20 degrees at 10AM. I wore my 5MM neoprene waders, and my steering foot still got mighty cold! Of course I don't have much extra body "insulation" to help prevent heat loss either![Wink] My battery only lasted about 1 hour before throwing in the towel[Sad] I guess it figured it was too cold to work any more. I wasn't too far from where I put in, so at least I didn't have to paddle too far. I did end up catching 3 kokes, so not a bad morning for about an hour of fishing. Was nice to be out on the toon one last time for the year.
[signature]
[cool][size 2]You're a true flotation fishin' guy. Tough conditions, but something to remember when it's hot in the summer and you're swattin' skeeters. [/size]

[size 2]Reminds me of a trip just after iceout on Willard Bay one year. I was fishing from the west side rocks, with another nut, and the lake effect snow was blowing in horizontally and piling up on our backs, as we casted for early walleyes. We were dressed for the weather, with heavy parkas that protected our heads from the cold and snow...but we were a ridiculous sight to each other. At one point we both started laughing at ourselves and chanting our fishing mantra "You can't beat fun." I think we also made some snide remarks about crazy golfers before the worsening storm finally drove us back to the truck and home.[/size]

[size 2]At least you know there will be some more kokes waiting for you in the spring. Hopefully there will be enough snow to bring the lake up a whole bunch.[/size]
[signature]
You are crazy, i like it but you are crazy. Petty and possibly TheeKillerBee and myself are braving the elements tomorrow and going to East Canyon!!!
[signature]