Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest fishing detour this year so far!!!
Today I had to pick a few things from the trailer after work so I decided why not check out lake katherin on Alta side. Got to the gates oh great rod is closed. Then I looked at the mountain peak where I was going to head up. JUST WONDERFULL!!! The cove was all covered up with snow. Try to fish the little cottonwood creek for a little big but nothing except a small dead deer that didn't survive the deadly winter weather.

Headed down back in the valley and decided why not check out the Catherin lake. Oh great traffic, detour, construction work, and snail drivers. Felt like I'd never make it up the second canyon. 15-20 minute wait blasting music out of my windows for the construction workers. Got to Brighton and looked at the clock again it was already 6:30 pm not worth hiking 2 miles just to fish for 1 hrs. Bailed over to Silver lake to find some gems out of here.

Got into my float tube and the first thing I notice was TDT best friend the moose [Wink]. The moose was on a hunt for TDT or ETDT with her baby trampling around on the decks.
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 003.JPG"]
After that here is the first fish of the day on a old EHC.
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 005.JPG"]
After that brooky I changed on tons of flies to figure out what they want. Apparently their were mosquito here and their trying to bite me so I busted one out but no love. Tossed scuds, caught one on a big woolly and other nymphs but nothing. Lucky I made 2 #12 leech patterns today morning before work and I remember to put one in my fly box and slammed all the bows I could imagine in a short period of time. They just loved my green dinky leech.[cool]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 006.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 007.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 008.JPG"]
After few rainbows on the green leech it was time for a brooky to get a taste of it.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;tempatt_id...cbf6a077ba]
Best bow cheek piercing.[laugh]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 013.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 014.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 016.JPG"]
Hungry little fellow for green leeches [cool]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 015.JPG"]
Right before heading back to the car and enjoying the sun set the brookies were going crazy and it was a great opportunity to see how my Gray EHC magic would do.
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 017.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 018.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 019.JPG"]
[inline "Silver lake 6 12 13 020.JPG"]
Nothing big but what ever at least I wasn't stuck at home watching tv as well I was enjoying some fresh mountain air.
15+ bows 10+ brookies
Caught all fish on #8 black woolly bugger, #12 tan or gray EHC, #12 special FFL Green leech.

UINTA MOUNTAIN TRIPS SHALL START THIS WEEKEND!!! GET READY FOR SOME TIGERS AND BIG BROOKIES. ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M HEAD UP THERE FOR 6 DAYS STRAIGHT COMING SOON.

[Image: 2-183.jpg]
[signature]
Great job. But I am thinking that #12 Green Bugger might have been mistaken for a Damsel Nymph as they are everywhere right now.
I am betting an Olive Haresear would work well too. Tie up some YELLOW Elk Hair.
[signature]
One way or the other the wooly bugger that I tied was the ticket of the day.
[signature]
True, and good job, but for consistent in choice of fly, a little entomology plays a big part. Know the hatch.
You can and do get lucky, but it reads like you are trying flies that are not working (this trip)
Remember last year when I said I was using a Royal Wulff instead of a EHC? A month later, I was using nothing but an Elk Hair
Safe bet with scuds and leeches and even bait fish imitations, but nymphs and drys are pretty addicting.
[signature]
Ya it all takes time. One way or the other I will know it one day.
[signature]
No doubt in my mind. Go get um'
[signature]
Shall do. Maybe you can help me out with the insects.
[signature]
Any time
[signature]