Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from a new forum sponsor!
Hello all,

My name is Lucas, and I'll be representing my company, Lithium Pros, on your forum. We recently came on-board as a sponsor of BFT and look forward to reading and posting here.

We at Lithium Pros manufacture lightweight lithium-ion batteries for engine starting and deep-cycle applications, such as trolling motors, live wells, depth finders, Power Poles, etc. Basically, if it is in your boat and runs on electricity, we have something that will work for you. The benefits in terms of longevity, performance, and most importantly weight, are monumental compared to the archaic lead-acid batteries most fisherman are used to using.

I'll be lurking and attempting to help answer any technical questions that I might be of assistance on. Thanks for having us!
[signature]
Welcome aboard!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Lucus. I see you have an ad on BFT but not a Blue Bar below where you put your link and phone number. You are not allowed to to this unless you pay for the Blue Bar. If you are interested in advertising in you Signature block, I can help you with that.
WH2
[signature]
Thank you for removing the link in your Sig block. I do have a question about one of your batteries. I'm in the market for a new battery for my boat and was wondering what the cost difference is between one of your Lithium batteries and a lead-acid battery? Do you get more juice out of a smaller sized lithium battery?
[signature]
There is definitely a cost difference, but when you compare the advantages in terms of weight, longevity, and performance, it is much more economical than it appears on the surface. "Juice" isn't really a technical term, but I'll try to answer as best I can. [Wink]

In many cases, I can replace 3 lead-acid trolling batteries weighing anywhere from 40 to 60 pounds with a single 36V battery that weighs 29 pounds. Combined with a "stealth" style charger, this will give many amateur and professional anglers the ability to troll all day as they would normally with almost NO loss of performance as the day went on. Lead-acid, especially those that are nearing the end of their cycle life, will have a noticeable drop-off in performance (you have to go to "5" to maintain the same speed you went at "3" earlier in the day).

In addition, the overall lifespan of a lithium battery in a deep cycle application is much better. The best lead-acid or AGM batteries can manage roughly 400 cycles, give or take, before a major loss of performance. Our LiFePO4 cells are rated at 2,000 cycles from the factory, and in an ideal (read: non-abusive) environment they could last a fisherman 10 years or more.

It would be $2,499.00 for the 40Ah 36V battery with the onboard DC charger, compared to a set of (3) lead-acid batteries for ~$400, weighing up to 5 times as much. Even if those batteries lasted two years and mine lasted 10, the overall cost over time is not that much different. ($2,000 for 5 sets of lead-acid batteries)

The difference in holeshot and top speed are noteworthy, as is the convenience of the rapid recharge time--lithium batteries also accept energy at a much faster rate than their conventional counterparts.

It is certainly an emerging technology, but there are some very tangible benefits for trolling applications.

Lucas
[signature]