Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent Kitty on the Jordan 6/13
Well, I had a couple hours to kill this evening after work, so I decided to go down to my spot on the Jordan river. I had shrimp out for about 45 minutes with no action. The wind was getting pretty annoying and with no luck on the shrimp I figured I'd throw out some bread to at least catch a carp to get rid of the skunk.

I threw out a small piece about a foot under a bobber. About 2-3 minutes later my bobber went down quick. As soon as I had my line tightened the fish took off. It was probably the most line I've ever had fish take off my reel. It went about 50 yards up river before it started to ware down a little. A couple people walking by stopped to watch me reel it in, and asked what kind of fish it was. I told them it was probably a carp.

Took me about 10 minutes to get it in and when I got it close enough to shore to see that it was a channel, I was a happy camper. She measured 26 inches. My second biggest cat so far this year. And on bread none the less. I would've loved to see a little kid reeling that thing in, probably the best fighting fish I've ever caught.

[inline muhyfc.JPG]
[inline 010.JPG]
[signature]
Nice man. I fought a good one by the pump-house for 5 min a few weeks ago - and lost it (i could have cried), but 10 min is a real battle. See that's why I'll choose fishing for cats over trout - they put up a good fight and fight bigger than they actually are.
[signature]
For sure. I like the cats too because you don't have to worry too much about handling them properly. Those things are indestructable. Also, I feel you on the lost cat. We went down to Utah Lake a few weeks ago for an over nighter and I had a big one get right to the boat then snap my line. I got lucky though and hooked onto another good one about an hour later and landed it. [Smile]
[signature]