Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A fishy kind of love
I was introduced to fishing a little over 2 years ago. Though it wasn't exactly love at first bite, I enjoy every minute of it now. I go every chance I get. I am learning new things all the time. I would love to hear about fishing techniques, new places to try, anything helps.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Kfish. I see you are from Kearns, is that in Utah? What kind of fishing are you interested in?
WH2
[signature]
Thank you! Yes Kearns is located in Utah.

I do Freshwater fishing. I used to only use bait but later realized I needed to try a more hands on type of fishing. Now I use lures and most recently jigs with Gulp Minnows. A little while ago my boyfriend bought me a fly rod and I have practiced casting a few times. The next step will be to actually get out there and try it. Though I am a little nervous I am excited to try a new way to fish.
[signature]
I thought so but I had to ask, I'll move your post to the Utah board so some of the locals can say hi. By the way, I saw flygoddess replied to one of your post, she is a guide and could be of some help with the fly fishing.
WH2
[signature]
Oh Okay! Thanks for your help [Smile]
[signature]
Hey Kfish, welcome and you can find lots of ideas here. I think you'll love flyfishing and this is a perfect time of year to learn. I would suggest trying a spot in the Uintas on a small stream without many trees around. Use a renegade fly in about size 14 to start. It's a fairly universal fly that will work quite often. Take plenty of extras. Watch for an area where the trout are rolling and then carefully flick your fly just upstream of the spot where the fish is rolling. Then be ready for a reflex check when the trout grabs it. You don't have long to set the hook before it will spit it out, but have fun. Let us know how it goes? I'm from Cache Valley so I don't know any good spots to suggest close to you, but maybe the TDtwins will add some suggestions. Good luck J
[signature]
Welcome to BFT!. I think you are going to love fly fishing. I have been trying to get my family involved with it. My son loves it but my wife (mamatrout) and daughter don't like it too well. But they do love to fish though so I am happy about that. [cool]
[signature]
Fly Fishing is the only way to go! However, my kids have gotten me on the reg spinning rod in the last year. You don't have to go far to practice. I would suggest the Jordan River to try out the fly rod or any rod for that matter. There also the local ponds you could practice at like Willow Pond probably only a few miles from your door! I live in Taylorsville and go there often just to wet a line when I can make a trip to Provo or Weber rivers. Last year I spent a lot of time at Utah Lake with my kids and you could do both fly/bait fishing and catch all kinds of fish on all kinds of flies, baits, and lures! Does your boyfriend not fish?
[signature]
Oh I fish! A lot! I've been fly fishing for about 2.5 years. But I've been fishing all my life, 19 years. I just bought her a fly rod about a month and a half ago.
[signature]
Welcome!

Fly fishing is a lot of fun. Just don't give up on that spinning rod completely.

At the risk of starting a war, I'll say that I believe it's best to stay in practice with as many types of gear as possible.

Sounds like you enjoy the Gulp! Try using some marabou jigs and spinners too.
[signature]
I'll back you up on the different types of rigs. Most waters you will find me with a fly rod, spinning rod, and a baitcast rod.
[signature]
Hey guys I'm new to the website. If so, can u please check out my new

Thnx![fishon]
[signature]
K-town! lol, GULP minnows on a dropshot or light jig head anywhere there are bass will get 'em. I live in Kearns, send me a PM and I'll hook you up with some BFT stickers.
(and don't be afraid to put away that fly rod and pick up a baitcaster teehee)
[signature]