Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jordanelle
Was wondering if anyone has had any luck this yr there.going there for the first time this Wednesday.and what is good for perch there? Thanks fir any info
[signature]
The water is ridiculously low. Couldn't tell you about the fishing though.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Low water has kept me away so far this year. But I usually start doing pretty well this time of year up in the Provo River arm at Rock Cliff. However, the water is usually about up to the brim and the flooded brush at the inlet end tends to hold some decent perch...and smallies. This year the water is down so far that the fishing will be different.

Don't even have a guess as to where to fish this year. But if I had to start somewhere it would probably be along the brushy shoreline between the PWC launch and the dam. Specifically, I would fish around the old rock quarry on the west side and then south of that. The perch will be moving shallow now...to feed on the newly hatched perchlings. Fish them with small tube jigs tipped with worm. They will also hit small spinners in either gold or silver.

Here are a couple of maps to help.

Good luck.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
So how did you do? Did you figure it out? As always, the best way to learn any lake is to fish it but also there is a ton of info on BFT, read recent reports or use the search feature above, you will find more info that you have time to read. Here is one of the latest reports, its too bad it came after you want the info.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=828050;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=828050;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
When I drove by the other day I noticed how low the water was. I agree good luck finding the fish. I did notice they Ross creek area was open for access and it got me wondering though.
[signature]
I fished Jordanelle for the first time today and almost got skunked. Me and my dad tryed pratically everywhere that looked good but didn't even have a bite. I saw a troller catch a couple 12ish inchers and then at the cleaning station some1 had some 16-18 inch ones and a bigger 20 or so inch rainbow. I caught 2 fish today and they were both bass from the shore. For the main part of the morning we tryed for trout but no bites. We were just sitting at our campsite and I was gettin bored so I decided to try the lake near by just for the heck of it. Ended up catching 2: 1 with worms and 1 with power bait. But yeah, it wasn't fun for trout.
[signature]
If you want to catch SMB, then the big J is doing just dandy right now. I have hit it three times in the last 10 days and each day has been a solid B+. All along the shoreline to the left of the boat ramp at Hailstone is good water. There is plenty of submerged sage there as well, so you may find perchlets hanging around also. (or not -- I know jack squat about perch) One day the only thing working was white grubs, curly tails, and white jerk baits, the next day the only thing working was a Maniac Cut'r Bug in Changeable Craw, and the next day it was GULP Minnows on a drop shot. Just be prepared to try a few different colors and presentations, but once you figure that out, it's steady all day. I was in a Pontoon boat two of the days, and in a boat the other. 99% of the fish were caught within 30 feet of shore, so you can easily get them just walking the shore line imo.
[signature]
We ended up not going with the wind being bad.his boat hasn't been ran in 10 yrs we didn't want to get out there and something happen with that wind so we are going to true this week.I'm hoping to get into bass up there not sure what he's hoping for.if we go I'll post how we did on Thursday
[signature]
It seems the warmer the water, the worse the fishing is. Last Tuesday, I tried fishing without the pontoon boat and only got one trout. I'm going to a higher elevation next time with the pontoon boat. The fish also seemed to be stressed with the the lower reservoir levels. I wish it would rain some to build up the reservoirs. Wind has also been a problem lately.
[signature]
Went last Thursday with my son. Caught 8 smallies 1-6", 4-13" ,2-14",1-16". Started about 10:30 & ended at 2:00. Caught all on wacky worms.
[signature]