Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan River- Rose Park
I've been wanting to do something different at lunch and I was just wondering if anyone has fished the J.R. in Rose Park? What have you caught there? How did ypu fish it?
[signature]
[#0000FF]That's Flygoddess' neighborhood. Bet she could steer you to a couple of spots. She hammers the carp and some nice largemouths on the flyrod.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Im hoping. I always have my gear with me, both fly rods and my spinning gear. I would run up to City Creek but by the time I got there it would leave me with like 5 minutes to fish.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I think Joni is in Idaho for the next few days but she should chime in either remotely or when she gets back.

The whole Jordan River is an underappreciated fishery. Lots of fish of several species that cruise up and down the river and tarry in holes, runs and structure pockets. Once you learn a stretch of the river and how to fish it you can usually get a good "brainbroom" during lunch or a therapy session after work. I think I once counted about 11 or 12 different species that had been verified from the Jordan. And most of them can be taken on fur and feathers.

Why drive a hundred miles only to get windblown or humiliated by the fish?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]