Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi

What would you suggest for pike fishing?
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Welcome to the Big Fish site. I don’t do much pike fishing here in North Carolina , But I am sure you will get some good tips from others that pike fish.[/size][/font]
[signature]
hi mike and welcome to Bigfishtackle never fished for pike myself but i do have a buddy here in utah that does he has good luck catching them on minnows below a float and also casting spoons good luck to you
[signature]
Hello there mlemeza, Welcome to BFT message boards. I am looking forward to learning something about your fishing style and technique. Just as you will learn from all of us here. Have a good one and Happy Thanksgiving.
[signature]

Hey there mlemeza,

Welcome to BFT and it's many boards and information sources.

The California DFG is trying to croak the only big fishery for Northern Pike in the state as we speak. A bucket biologist decided to 'plant' them in a once nice fishing lake, which was then subsequently destroyed by the pike.

Sorry, no pike fishing secrets from me.

JapanRon
[signature]
Where are you fishing? Are you using a boat or fishing from shore? What type of "baitfish" swim the lakes where you'll be fishing for them? All those are important questions in order to get you a good answer.

If you're looking for something big, use big bait. Definitely use some sort of metallic leader so the fish doesn't bite through the line and get away. A good, strong rod (they have rods specifically for Musky fishing) and good reel, with heavy-duty fishing line (in my opinion, braided line would be best), and to reiterate, large bait... whether live or fake.

Now if I could just afford that stuff and actually try muskie fishing myself... I'd do it.
[signature]
PIKE ? YEA MAN , NOW YOUR TALKING SOME FIGHTING FISH ! YEEE HAAAAA !

A MEDIUM ACTION SPINCAST ROD , 12# TEST LINE , STEEL LEADERS WITH BARELL SWIVEL CLASPS . SPOONS , DAREDEVIL IS THE BEST ! OH YEA A NET AND EXPERIANCE IN LANDING ONE OF THESE BRUTES . FROM A BOAT CAST INTO SHORE AND JUST REAL IT IN OR CAST ALONG THE WEED BEDS , THEY WILL FIND YOU .

YOU CAN BOBBER FISH THEM TOO , A 3/8 TREBLE HOOK IN A LARGE SUCKER MINNOWS TAIL , A LEADER AND ABOUT 30" OF LINE BETWEEN THE LEADER AND THE BOBBER , CAST IT OUT AND WAIT , YOUR IN FOR SOME FUN WITH THIS SET UP .

THERE TEETH ARE RASOR SHARP , THEY CAN FLING YOUR LURE RIGHT BACK AT YOU WITH PAINFULL RESULTS . AND ON TOP OF THAT , THEY FIGHT DIRTY ! MY KIND OF FISH !
[signature]
what area are you from , this will help in getting you the right info for some fish fighting fun !
[signature]
for your area and this time of year i would sugest you give these a try first .

Wally Diver (black/silver), Big O (all white), Mister Twister combo (Mister Twister spinner with orange jig head and grub)

Try reading this as well ,[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=92332;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][size 1]catching northern pike in the spring . [/size][/url]I posted it on your state board for future reference .
[signature]

Hey there mlemeza,

Did I say welcome yet? Anywho...... I'm in sunny so cal but I like to watch the IN-FISHERMAN TV program and have subscribed to thier magazine. I don't subscribe anymore because I think that most of their articles are focused more on the northern/midwestern states where the pike and walleye are kind of king! I've seen tons of episodes on those two species from them and Babe Winkleman's program.

They've got website. Why don't you check those two out.
[url]www.babeWinkelman.com[/url] and http://www.in-fisherman.com

JapanRon
[signature]