Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baitcasting Gear
I am looking to purchase a new baitcasting rod and reel. I was out with a friend this past weekend using a Shimano Curado reel and loved it. I am considering just getting that reel but would like to spend less than the $150 it would cost. Anyone have suggestions?

Also, I am righthanded, but as I am a beginner with baitcasting gear I find I am much better casting with my right arm and reeling with my left. Is this strange, or have others experienced the same thing?

Thank you for any input.
[signature]
Since you are right handed, your right arm is dominant so it will be easier to cast with your right arm. My recommendation is go to your local tackle shop (not Walmart) and look in their case with all the reels. I believe there is one made for left hand retrieve so you can cast with your right. Also check bass pro shops basspro.com. I think I may have seen one in their catalog. Bait cast rigs are fun. I hope you get what you are looking for.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Cstein. AT gave you some good advice, about all I can add is that you get what you pay for, in this case at least. That being said, there are plenty of BC reels that cost less than $150, go to the Bass Pro web site and look at all the BC reels they have. Maybe ask your friend for his opinion on a good BC reel that cost less than his. Good luck
WH2
[signature]
I just checked one of my cabelas catalogs. They offer some left hand retrieve bait cast reels as well. Shims no is one of them.
[signature]