Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input on a trip to Fish Lake
We'd like to do some camping and fishing on Fish Lake between the 19th and 22nd of next month. Hoping to get the kids hooked into some perch or trout and maybe try for a big mac.

Anyone have any input on camping around Fish Lake you could offer? I'm looking at the Frying Pan campground up the road a bit because it has reservations open for the time we'll be there. It be a couple of families camping out of tents.
[signature]
I will be there the same dates but in Mackinaw.
You will have an absolute blast. We have made it the family trip 3 years in a row and it has now become the highlight of the year.
If you have a boat it will make the catching MUCH easier.
I LOVE how it is almost all fisherman and no tubers,jetters,or skiers ruining the lake.
The little tackle stores are awesome and remind me of the good times when I was a kid hanging out with my grandpa.
The only negative thing to ever happen, and fortunately we were prepared, is the potential for heavy afternoon thunderstorms. They will hit around 1 but usually be gone by 5 or so and then leave a couple of beautiful hours of evening fishing!
The entire lake is ringed with Milfoil weed beds with little open pockets. Anchor over any of the weed beds and drop a jig tipped with worm down towards the bottom. The water is so clear you can sight fish down to about 15'. Your kids will have a blast. Use the normal stuff for bows and you will catch them and splake.
Have fun.
[signature]
I'm planning to bring my little 14' aluminum motor boat up. I'm looking forward to getting out of the desert heat a bit and catching fish. I've never caught perch before. I'm excited to give that a try.
[signature]