Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why move posts
sorry guys but the deal in powell needs to be as public as we can get it ..moving it is b,s its about being safe on the water,,dont care who it is,,,safety first,,and more b f s ers look at this site than any other,,,,dont you think it would be a good idea to have that post where we all look ??.. >>??
[signature]
Yes.
[signature]
Now before you jump my bones, I didn't do it.

The general notion is the main board is for fishing reports. When there are non-report related topics posted, often they'll be left for a time (one screen's worth?) then moved to off-topic, for sale, boats, fliers.... whatever seems more appropriate. They threads are actually likely to "live" longer on other boards, as the main board turnsover rather quickly.

There's an option to leave behind a pointer, and usually that is done, unless - say it's a flame-war that's being moved to quelch the fire.

Just the philosophy as I understand it. Of note - the Pineview accident last year was generally shifted to off topic also.

I think I missed the post in question, so I'll have to go find it now. You can always post a link to encourage viewing.
Don't hate me on this one, I am just giving my opinion. It is not fishing related so I understand it getting moved.
I read and watched the video. Still scratching my head as to how this can happen on a lake that friggin' big.
Stupid error on someones part. Does this make me want to wear a vest anytime on the water....no. My right. MAYBE it would have saved a life in this case, or maybe just make finding the missing two easier.
Shizz happens. Sad story and my condolences, but in my eyes, this was a freak accident, and stupid human error in my opinion.
Again, just my answer.
[signature]
Even THIS thread ought to be moved off the fishing reports board.
[signature]