Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake three days this week
Made my way over to Henry's Lake on Monday. I wish the wind cooperated this way every time I go there. To make a great time in a nutshell. A Mity Mouse and a Mity Mouse with a chocolate colored marabou tail was the ticket each afternoon and evening. The second produced way more than the first. In the mornings it was a black simi-seal leech. While those around were not catching anything, it kept fish on the end of my line. Now the fantastic time came around 11:00 AM yesterday. I had hooked and released 8 fish up until then on Wednesday, but then the fishing got exciting. I use two rods (sometimes that is a hindrance and a pain). When I would get done stripping in one rod and casting out again, I grab the other and start stripping that one in. During that last hour of fishing before the wind started up and I needed to pack up and go home I landed 14 fish and lost or missed at least 10 others. I can't wait to go back for more. That last hour I was fishing a light olive crystal bugger and a simi-seal blood leech. I was on fire! I caught nothing bigger than 20 inches out of the 46 I landed in the 48 hours I was there. One was a 20"brookie and none were under 17". Like always, I lost one that I fought for a while and never saw that seemed to have some good shoulders to it. I caught fish on every fly I tried, but one and it was a simi-seal burgandy.
[signature]
That is awesome and I can relate. I use two rods as well and had several doubles.
Pretty much the same story other than it was windy, cold and snow/rain while I was there. Still worth it.
Check out my blog.
[signature]
Beautiful! Good fly choices. I like those too.

You really lucked out in the weather sweepstakes!
[signature]
Thanks for the report . I have some friends that fishing it tomorrow . I hope they catch a few .
[signature]
My friends are doing well . So far they have landed 10 . The big one so far is 5 pounds .
[signature]
Been a few days since I fished Henry's , but had similar results last time on there. I am not sure they were too particular what fly they wanted, fishing one rod with two flies, they traded off on the two I was using . Hope to get back over there in the next day or two. Crappy weather right now in the Quake Lake area.
[signature]
I still think they are particular. Just if you have two flies the have worked in the past on Henry's, try putting them on one rod and up your chances of catching them on either one.
Oh, I did catch one on a blood midge at 10' in 12' of water under an indy. then the wind picked up so I switched.
I say anything with peacock is worth trying. Lake is full of leeches and snails, so that is what I try to copy. The Damsel Hatch was not there the days we were, but caught several off a damsel nymph.
[signature]
Went out today and caught a bunch. The three largest were 4, 5, and. 8 pounds .The 8 pounder is at the taxidermist already, caught by an. 11 year old .
[signature]
Outstanding!
[signature]