Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ODC seat valve moved forward (blocked post)

[signature]
Looks like maybe this post was blocked due to my security settings.

Anyways, IF you want the ability to fine tune the lower bladder on the fly, this is what I did. Probably works for any tube that has a lower inflatable bladder, though I used the ODC 420L.
-Partially inflate the lower bladder and shove into the lower cavity with the valve position facing UPwards. Mark the position with a permanent marker.
-Trace the smallest circle where the mark is that lets the valve exit thru- I used a dime for a stencil.
-Carefully cut out the traced circle from the fabric with sharp curved manicure scissors or equivalent.
- Squeeze Aquaseal into the fabric pores on both sides of the hole rim to reinforce the area and stop frays/runs of the fabric. Dry overnight.
The lower bladder will go in with the valve protruding from the hole:
-I used a 3.5" pliable plastic reinforcing washer (cut from old table placemat) on the inside of fabric cavity to lower any stress around the hole, but it can probably be omitted.
-Once the valve protrudes from the hole, I threaded a fender washer with a 1/2" hole all the way to the small in the valve neck as a retainer, to keep the valve from retracting back inside the fabric cavity while adjusting/inflating to full pressure.
-A tiny rachet tie is attached to the cap through a punched hole and used for punching the inner flap valve when lowering pressure.
-A standard tubular wedge adapter that does not touch the inner flap valve is mounted to a standard ribbed inflation tube for mouth inflation. This standard ribbed inflation tube is the one that comes with small high volume pumps. It is removed and stored in a tackle pocket when the best pressure reached.

On the ODC, this means that the 3 critical bladders are now in reach and can be inflated while on the fly by mouth tube. I've already tested the setup a coupled of times and am pleased with the result. The fabric hole is small enough so that the bottom bladder can be used in the original way if desired. The notches on the lower inflation bladder are facing forward with the setup and are not needed if the retaining straps are snug. A reinforcing cord between the retaining straps can be used if they will be operated under very loose tension.

Hope this is of interest.

Pon
[signature]